• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Out-of-Place Does Ness's Down Air Look?

Beets

Smash Apprentice
I love PM Ness and how his down air is essentially Falco's in function now. However I cannot quite shake the fact that it looks so ridiculous. Falco is at least animated when he uses his dair, but Ness just turns towards the screen with his mouth wide open and his leg sticking straight out. I really appreciate how Smash 4 added little PSI flairs to his down aerial. Perhaps adding little flairs to PM Ness's down aerial so that it doesn't look / feel so unsatisfying to hit with the meteor? I'm not sure, I just really believe that it looks messy. What do you guys think?

EarthboundHero

Smash Ace
NNID
DutMob_A1
It's kind of awkward because he does that twist and elongates his legs, but you just need to remember the hit box for the DAIR is anywhere on his body. I usually do stomp combos on the training bag, or in training mode against a character.

silkys

Smash Cadet
Yeah Ness has some really awkward moves for some reason, but honestly it's just kinda part of his character. His uptilt is his hands expanding lookin like he's playing some volleyball, and his downtilt is him just kicking someone's shins at turbo speeds.

Beets

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Ness has some really awkward moves for some reason, but honestly it's just kinda part of his character. His uptilt is his hands expanding lookin like he's playing some volleyball, and his downtilt is him just kicking someone's shins at turbo speeds.
Being awkwardly animated since 1994 does not equate to character trait, my friend.

ilysm

sleepy
What an odd topic.

Yo.

He honestly looks kinda like he's looking directly at the camera, Fuzzy Pickles style. Actually, a few of his weird animations give him some personality in my eyes (Earthbound was great but it wasn't the pinnacle of graphics in SNES games). I kinda like it.

Turkzee

Smash Rookie
Personally, I love ness' down tilts; so much energy and character: like a little boy going to town against the shin of some old man. However, I also think his down and neutral aerial, as well as his up tilt, could be spiced up a bit, maybe with more psi effects!

Top Bottom