• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How often do you olimar players find yourselves in fg hell

Mothman

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering if any other Olimar mains have this issue where a lot of their opponents get salty after losing to an Olimar. Maybe because Olimar is a pretty underrated character and his play style relies a lot on the use of Pikmin. Anyway I've been playing for glory lately and I think I finally landed myself in for glory hell for the 2nd time after probably getting reported by the numerous players I encounter who change their names to "SPAM" and "USUCK" when they lose. Anyone else here have this issue....also I dont have anything offensive written in my profile, and I rarely taunt during matches so I'm not sure what other reason I could be in fg hell for lol.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
I played Oli a few times in 3DS FG...

...-and yes, people hate Olimar.

They hate his Pikmin, they hate that he's defensive, they think he takes no skill, etc. You name it, they probably hate it about Olimar - which is a shame as he's actually not that powerful in this game, so winning with him takes a very decent amount of skill and patience. Infact, beating a good Pik-main often takes a similar amount of patience.

...I guess people are just impatient.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
ALL. THE. TIME.

Some players often believe I spam to win, thus having them switch to a character with projectiles too (i.e. Samus, Duck hunt). Like why? It just makes you try and look justified from the Salt and its seriously annoying.

My Friends think Olimar need to be nerfed because of his grab game and pikmin cancelation, uhhhhh no?

Top Bottom