• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How often do you go to smash tourneys?

Aeriden

Smash Apprentice
Personally with regards to tournament I normally go twice a month for sm4sh. I may eventually start going to PM tournaments once I get a little better.

So now I'm curious, how often do you guys go to smash tourneys? what games do you normally attend? Do you go for money, fun, or to simply just train with a certain character?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I usually go to tournies whenever I don't have conflicts with my bi-weekly local and I can afford it. I also go to a Smash event if there is a big tourney close to home. I attend Melee and occasionally PM, but I haven't done the latter since 3.5 came out. As for the last question, I'm not good enough to win any money yet so I go for training my Falcon (and my Roy every once in a while) and having fun.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't go to smash tourneys now. Too busy focusing on school. I want to get back into Melee, but that's going to take a lot of commitment with the level of play now. I haven't gone to anything Smash 4 related. If I do, it'll be only when there are other games there.

Back when I used to play, I used to go to tourneys weekly just to mostly hang out with friends. So much money lost. lol

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
So much money lost.
This is a concern I have. Going to my biweekly once a month will cost me a total of $180 per year. That's a lot of gas money. I know weeklies are extremely valuable for Smash experience, but do you think going to so many weeklies was worth it?

finalark

SNORLAX
I used to play Smash pretty religiously when I first got into the competitive scene back in '06/'07 or so. I haven't really done anything Smash related since around 2011 or 2012. While I love the series for getting me into Nintendo and for being my first competitive game, I really don't have the time for it anymore. Too busy with school and work, gotta save up and get good grades if I wanna spend my last year of college at Hokkaido U.

I don't really see myself ever getting back into Smash. The only reason why I stick around SWF is entirely for the Light House. That being said, Melee in particular will always be a fond memory for me. I still play that casually at least. My wavedashing game isn't nearly as good as it once was. Oh well.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
With a full time job and a family life (husband and father)... I don't get to go to that many. But it's usually one every 3 months. I still host and play in a lot of online tournaments as well as Stream smash. It helps with the void.

Krackshot Kroc

Smash Ace
I don't ever go to tourneys anymore, the last that I took Smash at a serious level was early 2011 and even though a part of me would like to get back into the scene I just simply don't have the time for it. I do still follow the competitive scene pretty intently though; Melee and Smash Wii U are two of my favorite games to watch

Aeriden

Smash Apprentice
I don't ever go to tourneys anymore, the last that I took Smash at a serious level was early 2011 and even though a part of me would like to get back into the scene I just simply don't have the time for it. I do still follow the competitive scene pretty intently though; Melee and Smash Wii U are two of my favorite games to watch
yeah, watching is probably my favorite thing to do so you can sit and analyze how people are playing and their play style.

I don't go to smash tourneys now. Too busy focusing on school. I want to get back into Melee, but that's going to take a lot of commitment with the level of play now. I haven't gone to anything Smash 4 related. If I do, it'll be only when there are other games there.

Back when I used to play, I used to go to tourneys weekly just to mostly hang out with friends. So much money lost. lol
That's kinda how I feel with paying money to lose, with school and work I'm not able to keep up with some of the people at some tournaments. But on the other hand I don't mind too much if it covers overhead, prizes and an all around good time at the tournament

Top Bottom