• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How offensive to be?

Adetque

Smash Apprentice
^Read title^

Yeah, some Diddy mains such as N4n3rs and Le ThiEn are somewhat defensive. Others, like NinjaLink, like to be very aggressive with Diddy.

So, how aggressive should I be?

King GeGeGe

Smash Rookie
I really like playing defensively with diddy using banana to keep them at bay until their damage is high enough... it depends how your opponent plays.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
You should just try to win. If that means hitting them a lot try that. If that means not getting hit do that. Just play the way that makes you win more. This really can't even be answered.

If I say "Well NinjaLink is offensive so do that! Becuz Ninjalink is good!", well this doesn't help you at all. Take each match as a separate situation and play how you need to. Offensive and defensive strategies can both win matches.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Well I play a more offensive diddy but I find that against characters with longer range*coughrobmarthg&wcough* it works better for me to switch to a more defensive playstyle using more bananas and peanuts (Works especially good against Marths who have no projectiles of their own)
But I usually go more towards the offensive side

ADHD

Smash Hero
Usually you gotta switch it up for different matchups, it always depends on your opponent though. Like against metaknights, sometimes you want to camp them/play defensive but other times you want to go super aggressive against them.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
um i play the smart/mindgame style o-o i just do something that best fits the current situation whether i require to be aggressive or defensive it varies :\

Top Bottom