• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How much would you pay for the gamecube adapte?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
$10-15. If it cost $20 just for the adapter, it'd probably be cheaper just to get a Pro... but I realize it's going to be GCC only at tourneys, so I'd want to practice with the GCC if possible.
Why do you think tournaments would enforce such a silly rule? People didn't do this for Brawl with it's wide selection of controllers. The only rules for controllers are you can't modify it to give yourself a unfair advantage and you can't use things like turbo or programed buttons for a series of actions. (Like for frame perfect jump from ledge wavedash onto stage)

Now something you should be worried about is that it's going to be expected that you bring one when you promise to bring a set up to a tournament or if you played with fellow smashers in person.... So that sucks....

Last edited:

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
If they are doing a smash wii u bundle they would be smart to include this with the game. Or bundle it with the game. Give us options nintndo!

XavierSylfaen

Smash Apprentice
Basically any price. 4 Pro controllers would be $160, and I'd prefer GC controllers, so maybe $200? But it's not going to be anywhere near that so who cares.

Why do you think tourneys would enforce such a silly rule? People didn't do this for Brawl with it's wide selection of controllers. The only rules for controllers are you can't modify it to give you a unfair advantage and you can't use things like turbo or programed buttons for a series of actions. (Like for frame perfect jump from ledge wavedash onto stage)

Now something you should be worried about is that it's going to be expected that you bring one when you promise to bring a set up to a tournament or if you played with fellow smashers in person.... So that sucks....
Currently GC+adapter to Wii U is the only wired connection possible.

Booster

Smash Lord
$15 would be my max amount, I'd be fine just getting a Protroller since I prefer the 360 controller over Gamecube's

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Basically any price. 4 Pro controllers would be $160, and I'd prefer GC controllers, so maybe $200? But it's not going to be anywhere near that so who cares.

Currently GC+adapter to Wii U is the only wired connection possible.
What's your point, I've seen people use the nunchucks in tournament and soundly beat people. It true's that because of the lag it's by all mean's worst but as long as everyone doesn't use it and it doesn't give them a unfair advantage it's fine by me... It does suck when they beat you though >_<'

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I think the only situation in which I wouldn't buy one is if it was more expensive than a pro controller.
Yeah pretty much this, and even then, it *does* work for four controllers. 100 is my cap. I'm use to paying stupid amounts for stuff like this >_>;
$25 if it includes both the adapter and the controller.
man if it includes the controller...

XavierSylfaen

Smash Apprentice
What's your point, I've seen people use the nunchucks in tournament and soundly beat people. It true's that because of the lag it's by all mean's worst but as long as everyone doesn't use it and it doesn't give them a unfair advantage it's fine by me... It does suck when they beat you though >_<'
FGC bans wireless controllers for a reason, interference. It wouldn't be a big deal at locals but for basically anything major there will probably be GC-only enforced.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
$0. If I was to buy the Wii U version of the game, I would play exclusively on the gamepad (Off-Tv play).

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
$0. If I was to buy the Wii U version of the game, I would play exclusively on the gamepad (Off-Tv play).
I would definitely wanna try the game with the game pad for that feature but as far as competitive smash I can't deny I need those gc controllers

wereyoshi

Smash Rookie
NNID
wereyoshi
Switch FC
SW 1149 3763 7213
The most I would pay for one is $50.
I was talking about an N64 controller adaptor for the Wii U, by the way. It most likely isn't happening (from Nintendo at least; pretty sure third party stuff might exist even now), but that's my favorite Nintendo controller.
Third party N64 adapters do exist.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Why do you think tournaments would enforce such a silly rule? People didn't do this for Brawl with it's wide selection of controllers. The only rules for controllers are you can't modify it to give yourself a unfair advantage and you can't use things like turbo or programed buttons for a series of actions. (Like for frame perfect jump from ledge wavedash onto stage)

Controllers are tournaments should all be wired, having that one or two odd player with a wireless isn't a huge deal but if there's a lot of players with it it becomes a real issue.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
I would actually pay a pretty high price for one. Like around AU $100. But realistically I want it to cost around 20 to 35.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Seeing that I don't have a Wii U yet, i'm joining the group of people that would pay for how much extra it would be to put it in a Smash Wii U Deluxe Bundle.

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
If it's just the adapter, I'd say around $20-$30 would be reasonable. If a controller is bundled in, then I'd say $40-$50. I can't imagine the adapter being more expensive than the game itself, imo. (Though such IS the case with fightsticks for other fighting games...)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
$25 is what I'd expect it to be. I honestly wouldn't mind dishing out $50 for it if there was a special where it came with 4 new Smash Controllers.

And by that, I mean the controllers with the Smash symbols on them.

Good god. Why is that even a thing? XD

Top Bottom