• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How much space on my SD card would I need?

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
How much space on my SD card would I need in my camera for it to record 24+ hours. 20 mins is about 335 MB on my camera. Yeah...I'm gonna need a lot of space.

I want to survelience my room on certain days cause I feel like making a documentary of myself so I want footage of my daily life.

I suck at math so can you do the math for me, xD and give me a link to an SD card that will have enough space for 24+ hours on my camera.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
I'm not sure how much 24+ hours would be, buy you could buy a 32GB card. Also, you can record yourself, finish, upload the footage to your computer or an external hard drive, and erase the sd card so you have free room again. Plus, you can probably change the fps so it won't take up as much space

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I'll pretty much document everything, I'll start the recording at midnight every day and stop it (and delete it at midnight if there's nothing worth keeping, 32 GB is ALOT of space). I'll have it placed hiddenly to make sure no one sees it (I might try to record some lolable embarassing things people don't want me to keep, xD). But if there is something I wanna keep, I'll be getting an external hard drive to put it on, I'll only save the stuff I want, I can't have chunks of 32 GB.

Also, is there a way to have a camera plugged into a power source while recording, 45 mins will kill my battery.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
I'll pretty much document everything, I'll start the recording at midnight every day and stop it (and delete it at midnight if there's nothing worth keeping, 32 GB is ALOT of space). I'll have it placed hiddenly to make sure no one sees it (I might try to record some lolable embarassing things people don't want me to keep, xD). But if there is something I wanna keep, I'll be getting an external hard drive to put it on, I'll only save the stuff I want, I can't have chunks of 32 GB.
I think the make 24GB and maybe 12GB, but I saw a 36 online, i'm not sure for how much though.

Also, is there a way to have a camera plugged into a power source while recording, 45 mins will kill my battery.
Yea, just plug your camera into your power adapter and let it stay in for however long your camera will be on. You might want to plug it into a power strip or something so it doesn't short out or overheat or whatever, it shouldn't though

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Yeah...I checked a 32 GB SD card...$219 o.0

I suppose I should get a new camera too, I can't record through the power with mine. Wow...gonna cost so much money...should I live stream my daily life? xD

Mith_

Smash Champion
If I tell you, will you still kill yourself?
umm wut?

getting everything you need to record yourself (huge SD card, external hardrive(s), a membership to rapidshare so you can upload the vids and delete them from your harddrive(s), a camera, a power strip.) would cost so much money you'd spend most of your time recording yourself at work to pay all this off lol.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
umm wut?

getting everything you need to record yourself (huge SD card, external hardrive(s), a membership to rapidshare so you can upload the vids and delete them from your harddrive(s), a camera, a power strip.) would cost so much money you'd spend most of your time recording yourself at work to pay all this off lol.
I'm worrying about this kid cause he is like talking about how his Dad doesn't take him to tournaments and he has thought of killing himself because of that.
I hope he doesn't get any crazy ideas and record himself or something.

rhan

Smash Hero
It takes about 1000 MB to make a GB so with about 335 MB and over a 24 hour period it would take up....about 24120 MB with would be about 24.12 GB for one day. A 30 GB SD card would be best to get just incase it takes more data then that. At least you have 5 extra GB's on the SD card.

My Math may be wrong but it's a good guesstimate. Haha

I'm worrying about this kid cause he is like talking about how his Dad doesn't take him to tournaments and he has thought of killing himself because of that.
Yeah...It's just a relief to see recent posts from him...

I hope this thread wasn't created for that sole purpose...

MBreeto

Smash Ace
Actually, maybe get a webcam for your computer and get an extension cable for the usb and use that, that way, the memory is stored straight in your computer. The only issue would be you would have to leave your computer on for a really long time

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
No no, there's something that happens every once in awhile at my house and when it does I want to record it.

That and there's a movie project I'm working on, its about Smash.

Mith_

Smash Champion
I remember now.
Did you do the math about how many gigs and money you would need poyo person?

Top Bottom