• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How much hp does luma have?

pizzarice

Smash Rookie
So we all agree that with luma, Rosalina is pretty difficult to handle. The only character I have that can manage her is mega man. I spam the crash bomb which explodes as soon as it touches luma. However luma just eats up everything. I was wondering if anyone knows how much hp luma has.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Luma has approximately 50 HP, I believe. At least that's the number I've seen bandied around and no one's come forth to contradict it so I'm rolling with it for now.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I heard it has 50 HP. I'm not really sure as they never mentioned how much damage the Luma can take before it pops out of existence.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
More recently I have heard 52% which is more specific. I dunno where the person got the number and forget where i saw it

Not saying it's accurate but i do think it's worth noting

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm pretty sure that yes, it is 50%, though sometimes it feels that my Luma is surviving stuff it shouldn't be surviving
I actually know why this might be.

There is what I guess you could call a glitch, whereby if the finishing blow on Luma is a move that does not cause flinching (e.g. Fox's OG Blaster), then you will hear the cry Luma makes when he dies, but you will still be able to control him for a good few more seconds before he actually dies. I also believe he is invincible in this state, though I will have to re-check that part.

Discovered this while playing against a Fox online, when he was chipping away at Luma's HP with his Blaster. I was able to still make Luma fight after the death cry, but then he suddenly disappeared after a bit (and then respawned as normal).

Maybe that's not what you are referring to by him "surviving stuff he shouldn't", but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Luma has 52 HP, I just tested it in training mode with Sheik.

To repeat the test, select Sheik, and select RosaLuma as the CPU. Jump in between Rosalina and Luma and use the 1st hit of Sheik's jab (deals 2%; moves do not decay in training mode). Hit Luma 25 times with Sheik's jab1, then throw ONE needle (1%) at Luma. This deals a total of 51%. On the next needle throw, Luma will die. This confirms that Luma has 52 HP.

Last edited:

GameQ

Smash Cadet
I can also confirm 52 hp with my test. I used Fox laser, deals 2%, always takes 26 hits for 52hp.

Top Bottom