• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How much faster would you say melee is than smash 4? 1.5, 2 times speed?

Dabble Dot

Smash Cadet
I play smash 4 because I have no one to play melee with where I live. I'm just wondering how the frame data stacks up and all the delays that happen in smash 4.

The characters may move around a set time faster but that doesn't take into account all the shield stun and teching delay in smash 4.

So I guess you would answer with 3 different speeds, one for moves, one for characters moving around and one for how fast the average game is.

Would you say melee 2 stock games are shorter or longer than smash 4 games?

Sorry to the mods. feel free to move my post to a different spot.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Maybe 1.5, the bigger difference is the specifics of the gameplay allowing for options that make your character more agile... Like like the gravity, wavedashing, the dash dancing, etc.

Pauer

The Pauerful
I think it depends a lot on the level of play. On a casual level I think Smash 4 and Melee are played at almost similar speeds. It's just that Melee can be pushed to be much faster by optimally using the game's engine. I would say that the average streamed melee game is about twice as fast as Smash 4. That can also be reflected in the fact that Melee is played with 4 stocks and Sm4sh with only 2.

Top Bottom