• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many Smash Bros Fans have a mac??

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I've had a mac for about 4 years now. And I'm pretty happy with it.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
My family had Mac's throughout my childhood. It was only after an iMac which gave us all kinds of troubles that we finally switched to PC's.

But I'd say my HP laptop has given us more troubles than the iMac. -_-

My sister and her husband are obsessed with Mac's and Apple products. She's always trying to convince me that I should get rid of the HP and get a Apple laptop (I think they called it an iBook, I don't know.).

As if I have that kind of money to toss around. This laptop was bought with my graduation money last year.

cn23

Smash Cadet
The reason i'm wondering is because i'm developing a sort of smash bros library for Mac OS and wanted to know if there are enough people out there who play smash bros and have a mac for it to be worth it. Keep replying :) I may also design one in my programming class this year for windows.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
This laptop was bought with my graduation money last year.
I wish I'd got money for graduating... know what I got? A piece of paper that says I graduated and that's it. Know any good places that accept high school diplomas as legal tender?

Anyways, I own a PC and it does awesome stuff that makes me happy AND I BOUGHT IT WITH MONEY I HAD TO WORK FOR!

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Anybody with a any form of Mac not bought for actual media creativity purposes needs to take a good hard long look at themselves and asks themselves just what the **** they spunked all their money on. I really have to commend the apple marketing team at the moment as they could currently sell **** on a stick to most of the people you know labelling it as art. Anyone who buys one of their products for the 'style', which is nothing but cheap tacky plastic in a mundane and blasé design (but hey it's white so obviously it MUST be ****ing awesome) needs to give themselves a pat on the back and a great big party with huge ****ing banners saying "Congratulations! I'm a ****".

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I wish I'd got money for graduating... know what I got? A piece of paper that says I graduated and that's it. Know any good places that accept high school diplomas as legal tender?

Anyways, I own a PC and it does awesome stuff that makes me happy AND I BOUGHT IT WITH MONEY I HAD TO WORK FOR!
Yeah well, as much trouble as this stupid laptop has given me, I have to say I wasted that money and got nothing more than a sheet of paper as well.

I'm just going to say HP laptops are pieces of ****. I never thought I could hate a computer so much, but it has gone too far.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I was forced to use a Mac for Technical Writing class. Honestly, it explained so much why I hate Office 07 (it's Microsoft integrating Mac concepts into Windows). It was so clunky to use, there is only ONE ****ing mouse button, and it's just too frustrating. I'll stick with Windows.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
i have two macs: a PowerMac G5 and a iMac G4. i never use them though. i usually stick with my PC's for gaming and junkz.

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
Macmacmacmacmac
My spanking-new Vista laptop regularly crashes out for a few minutes whenever I try to open Firefox and Media Player in quick succession or dare to right-click on something. (Not an exaggeration.)
And then using the family Mac makes me happy again.:bee:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Macs? I think I've heard of those. They're for disabled children who can't yet use a real computer, right?
lol.. you make it sound like Mac is for ******* :laugh:

but like I said I use Vista nowadays on my laptop, though in my childhood while I was in school, I used to play those silly Mac games that had no CD-Rom, just a floppy disk slot, so basically i've never used a modern MAC, just an outdated classic model.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
I love my 2.4 GHz Macbook, it makes all of my PC-owning friends jealous with it's PURE, BLINDING SPEED. Seriously, the thing runs just about everything (except games) faster than my friend with a 2.6 GHz Quad-Core. He hates me so much sometimes... :-) The extra functionality I've added with--le gasp!--a two button mouse (made by Microsoft, ironically enough) has increased usability two-fold. I needed it for image, video, and sound editing, so a Mac just made sense--and the Macbook made more sense because it wasn't as nerfed as the Mini, was portable, and was still powerful enough to pimp out just about everything I needed to do.

Plus, the combination of the Macbook and an external monitor makes for one of the coolest setups ever. I use the Macbook's 13" screen to constantly keep iTunes open, and a 19" external monitor as my primary. It looks cool, and it's extremely functional.

riboflavinbob

Smash Apprentice
i say xp and vista are easier to use.

they have two buttons on the mouse proves their superiority to mac

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
I have a Mac and yes, it is more expensive, but having used Windows XP, Vista (a fair amount) and now a modern Mac, I can say that the Mac is superior to all of them.

Faster running speed, much easier interface.. pretty much everything about it I like more than PCs.

Is it worth the extra money? I can't really see going back to XP, but if you just had basic computer application needs (typing, slideshow, etc) you could use Windows.

...I guess.

KHSteve

Smash Rookie
I have a Mac.

Strangely, it does actually have two mouse buttons. Admittedly I sometimes find this concept hard to struggle with, but I'm getting there.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
the only reason anyone should really have a mac is if they're video/picture/sound editing.
pc + games = win
but vista fails miserably.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
i say xp and vista are easier to use.

they have two buttons on the mouse proves their superiority to mac
Facetiousness only works well when you make it a bit more obvious than that. Because right now, I'm tempted to believe you're not kidding.

Can't users of all types of computers just live in harmony for once?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
No! As long as corporations hold on to their outdated business models and notions of intellectual property, there will be those who vehemently oppose them.

Open Source, ftw. Linux for life.

*flies away*
Don't you fly away from me! At least have the courtesy to put on a cape first.

Top Bottom