• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Many Series in SSB Have You Played?

Check all that apply

• Super Mario (Yoshi & Wario included)

Votes: 37 97.4%
  • Legend of Zelda

Votes: 37 97.4%
  • Pokemon

Votes: 35 92.1%
  • Metroid

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • Star Fox

Votes: 24 63.2%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 32 84.2%
  • Fire Emblem

• Mother/Earthbound

Votes: 20 52.6%
  • Punch Out!!

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Wii Fit

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Kid Icarus

• Kirby

Votes: 32 84.2%
  • Duck Hunt

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Animal Crossing

Votes: 22 57.9%
  • F-Zero

Votes: 22 57.9%
  • Pikmin

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Xenoblade

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Game & Watch

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Ice Climber

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Gyromite/Stack-Up (R.O.B.)

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Pac-Man

Votes: 31 81.6%
  • Sonic the Hedgehog

Votes: 33 86.8%
  • Mega Man

• Bayonetta

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Final Fantasy

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Street Fighter

• Metal Gear

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters

Xerneas

Smash Cadet
I was thinking about how there is such a huge amount of video game series represented in Smash Bros, and how it seems like i've barely played any of the games the cast of characters are from. Out of all the series in Smash, I've only played games from 10 of them. With how many video game series are represented in Smash, i would think it would be pretty rare for anyone to have played almost all of them

Does being familiar with a character or the game they are from have an impact on if you play them or not in Smash? For me it doesn't, Ness has always been my favorite character, but i've never played a Mother game, and Palutena and Shulk are from two of my favorite games, but i can't stand playing them in Smash

David Wonn

Smash Ace
I checked the majority (all but ten), and perhaps they do influence most of the characters I choose to play. However, the Mii fighters have an appeal of their own which breaks this trend for me.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
The only ones that went unchecked:
- Metroid
- Mother/Earthbound
- Wii Fit
- Pikmin (well... I technicaly have... like, 5 minutes of it)
- Xenoblade
- ROB's crappy NES games
- Mega Man
- Bayonetta
- Final Fantasy

Yeah, that's it.

Racer07

Smash Cadet
NNID
MisterSeven
3DS FC
3797-7378-1855
Of all the series I played though, I seem to treat every fight in Smash the same way I play in F-ZERO games. Almost no matter who I chose--be it Robin (my main man), Corrin, Captain Falcon, or Sonic--I always seem to play fast and aggressive--as if I'm on Time Attack mode.

So in a sense, the series I play truly affects my play style as it does for which characters I attempt to main.

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
It would actually be easier for me to make a list of the ones I haven't played.
  • Final Fantasy (But I'm planning to)
  • Game & Watch
  • R.O.B.
I've put in at least enough time into the other series here to say that I've played them.

EpicDino

Smash Rookie
NNID
alex26599
I have played most game series that are in Smash bros, though there are a few I haven't played yet:
  • Mother/Earthbound
  • Fire Emblem
  • Bayonetta
  • Pikmin
I'll likely play those sometime though anyway

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Most of them. I have yet to play either of R.O.B.'s games, Bayonetta, Wii Fit, or Xenoblade.

Some I barely played, mind you. But still, I played 'em. XD

D

Deleted member

The only series that I haven't played are Duck Hunt, Pikmin, R.O.B., Bayonetta, and Metal Gear.
Though, I've included series that I barely played, like Metroid, F-Zero, and Street Fighter.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
TBH, if you were to exclude the series I played but only barely, you say Duck Hunt, Star Fox, Punch Out, Kid Icarus, Animal Crossing and Metal Gear shouldn't be ticked for me, either.
  • I played Duck Hunt for a bit, yeah. I'm good at it because I have a certain prowess with Lightgun games. But I must've played it for like, 20 minutes tops.
  • Back when I bought an SNES in late 2011, my friend decided to buy one, too. We bought a couple of games, all of them different except Super Mario World. One day, we decided to trade my A Link to the Past cartridge for his Star Fox cartridge. I played it for a bit, then, but I didn't like it so I regretted trading it. He never used my Zelda cartridge so we traded our games back. Almost 2 years later but we did.
  • I played a bit of Punch Out at around the time I played Duck Hunt for the first time. I was in a bit of a NES craze at the time so I was trying out all the staple games of the console. But much like Duck Hunt, I doubt I played it for more than maybe 10, 20 minutes.
  • I played Kid Icarus back in 2009 after playing Brawl for so long. Pit really intrigued me because I remembered he was a trophy in Melee and I really liked the overworld theme for his game, so I did everything I could to try and play his only game at the time, the original Kid Icarus on the NES. I liked it! So I did the logical thing all people do when they like a game: play it for 10 minutes and never touch it again.
  • I played Animal Crossing on the Wii and I made it as far as you possibly can when you're a child mostly analphabet in English: Not very far.
  • I tested Metal Gear Solid 2 on the PS2. That's it.

Last edited:

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
Huh, turns out I've played every single one at least one time in my life. Some examples of one-offs: Game & Watch (on the actual machine), Metal Gear Solid, and Xenoblade.

AJb1205

Smash Cadet
NNID
AJb1205
I haven't played these unless amiibo demos and smash demos count:
Donkey Kong
Punch out
Duck hunt
F-Zero
Pikmin
Xenoblade
Ice climber
Game & Watch
R.O.B
Final fantasy (I'm soon going to get FF7 on steam)
Bayonetta
Street fighter
Metal gear

Last edited:

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Series left unticked:
Star Fox (Have played a reproduction version of the SNES Contest cartridge.)
Mother/Earthbound (I have played the Smash demo, but I didn't get very far)
Punch-Out!! (I have played the Wii Version at a Demo Booth, though.)
Wii Fit (Same as Punch-Out!!)
Pikmin (I think I may have played one of the games' demos at a demo booth.)
Xenoblade
R.O.B.
Bayonetta
Final Fantasy
Metal Gear

Last edited:

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
Mario, pokemon, sonic, and zelda. Honestly, those are the only 4 franchises I play (excluding spiral knights/TF2)

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I've played most of them, and Melee & Brawl served as gateways to many series.

I haven't played a Sonic game... I need to rectify that.

:231:

Khao

Smash Lord
Seems like the only ones I haven't played are the ROBstuff, and Wii Fit. Not interested in either of them (Wii Fit especially) so I guess I've done good.

If we want to exclude stuff we've played like, only barely, then I can exclude Game & Watch (which I've only really played out of curiosity), Animal Crossing (which I like, but not enough to want to spend any money on), and maybe F-Zero, cause even though I've played every F-Zero game, I haven't really stuck with any of them for long (like just a few casual races then goodbye).

Every other series are ones I've finished at least one game in, or at least played extensively.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
The Mario series (including Mario Kart) is basically my favorite series ever (Not counting Smash of course).

I've played Xenoblade, Pikmin, and Legend of Zelda, but haven't gotten far. Xenoblade and Legend of Zelda, I only got recently. Pikmin broke a few days into playing (All I could do was walk and throw Pikmin for whatever reason). I played a donkey kong game before, never again. (Which is odd, since I like every other Mario series I've played).

I've never played a Kirby game, Nor played a Pokemon game or watched an anime, tbh. Ashamed to admit that. The Pokemon fighting game that shows up on smash streams as an ad looked cool though.

Also, could anybody tell me if the Kirby masterpieces suck compared to the new/good Kirby games?

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
I've only played Mario, Kirby, Pokemon, FE, Sonic and Earthbound. I've only played a few Zelda, Pac-man and Donkey Kong games. Every other game I either barely played, or I never played at all.

There are a few games on here that I am interested in, despite me not playing them yet: I'm interested in Xenoblade and Final Fantasy. =P

Top Bottom