• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many of you would be interested in joining an online Smash 4 NA tourney to potentially win $10?

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Alright, I've signed up. Thanks for taking the time to do something like this! :)
Haha no problem! As long as everyone has fun and sticks together as a community. SmashBoards has always been a place for Smash fans to gather together, and I think it should stay this way!

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
Thanks for throwing this together, Norris! I'll try to join regardless of the day, but the 11th may be a better choice.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
WowowowOwow. Thanks a bunch sir. This is great. Are you able to spectate your friends then? That would be perfect. I hope someone would be willing to do that.
I figured that is how, but I wasn't for sure if you could see the wheel in online matches. That is great. Thanks again Raykz
Custom Moves will be allowed then. And if there is a volunteer that has a capture card that would like to record this (stream preferable) we would really appreciate it! Just message me on it!

I don't know if you can spectate friend games, but if you can't you can just join in as a 3rd player and SD (self destruct) at the beginning of the match.

But I am assuming they made the simple choice of allowing you to spectate your friend's games. It would be very stupid of the development team no to have done that.

Last edited:

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
I don't know if you can spectate games, but if you can't you can just join in as a 3rd player and SD (self destruct) at the beginning of the match.
I don't think spectating is possible, considering that Clash Tournaments used the 3rd player SD trick you mentioned to record their 3DS tourney.

Tshockz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
speed0fsound
3DS FC
1762-3005-1769
I wouldn't mind joining in and I can join in on pretty much any day it is on regardless.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
This sounds fun, i'd love to participate.

Though I would suggest thinking about changing the ruleset to 2 stocks, but that's just me.
I thught about this, and the only reason I may change that is to make matches go by quicker. I personally dislike 2 stock matches, but I could always use 3 stop for quater-finals and onwards.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I don't think spectating is possible, considering that Clash Tournaments used the 3rd player SD trick you mentioned to record their 3DS tourney.
Theirs was being played via Local. Online MIGHT have it, but I haven't paid enough attention to know for sure.

Cloudx128

Smash Cadet
NNID
CloudX128
3DS FC
2509-1803-0127
This sounds like fun. I'd be in for it if it was on the 11th.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
If it isn't restricted to North America, I'd be down for it. Especially if it was on the 11th.

I know from previous experience that my time zone ruins everything (I once had to DQ myself from an online tourney because it started at 1am my time :facepalm:), so yeah, just a warning that Australia sucks.

Last edited:

LckyAce

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LckyAce
3DS FC
0533-4950-3798
Is it to late to join? This sounds fun!

oGr33n

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3050-7615-9118
I'd be really interested to join...but I hope it's very organized. My worst case scenario is having to wait around and refresh pages on smashboards, waiting for my next match.

And if you were hosting this tournament, where would you announce it? If it's by email, I'll gladly give one to you.

Last edited:

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
This would be interesting. I might be busy but if it was planned ahead of time when to play I can schedule around for that.

Isn't there a way to save replays? Maybe can just send the replays to someone via 3ds?

Last edited:

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
Yeah i would like to join, i live all the way in Bulgaria though, but i don't care about the prizes.

Trickerhere

Smash Ace
Well, depending on how many people join, we may or may not have start much earlier.

Hey I have an idea! Since you were one of the first people who asked, you and others could be admins. Making sure cheating doesn't happen would be first priority, but playing with people who have lost could be what you do in down time!
Of course, admins can only be people who are not participating.
Okay is it possible to start the tourney after 12 PM EST?

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
how much of an option is the 5th or the 12th? i would surely join if so...sundays are very open for me when it comes to online tournaments.

Top Bottom