• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many of you actually interested in *maining* as Mii?

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
I think there's a good chance of it happening.
It occurred with Mario Kart 8. My Mii ceased to become a "some of the time" character, and now he's...I'm...typically representing myself in each race. Video games have always been an escape--a place to be someone better, stronger, smarter, more heroic than you are. Miis are an extension of that desire to be the one to save the day.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
While Yoshi will always be my primary main, Brawler: PaRappa will at least be my secondary. I was very comfortable using him in All-Stars, so since I know I'll be able to recreate him as closely as possible for this engine, of course I'm going to.

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
I was not interested in using the Mii Fighter as one of my mains, let alone using Mii Fighter in general; however, once I learned about Street Pass Hats on Monday (with the Meta Knight and Samus update) I changed my mind. Mii Fighter went from my least favorite newcomer to my favorite newcomer. So basically, I have spent the last two or three days grinding play coins in the event that the hats must be unlocked prior and building my Mii army.
...Even though you unlock them separately. :p

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
I was not interested in using the Mii Fighter as one of my mains, let alone using Mii Fighter in general; however, once I learned about Street Pass Hats on Monday (with the Meta Knight and Samus update) I changed my mind. Mii Fighter went from my least favorite newcomer to my favorite newcomer. So basically, I have spent the last two or three days grinding play coins in the event that the hats must be unlocked prior and building my Mii army.
...Even though you unlock them separately. :p

Folt

Smash Ace
I'd be very interested in maining the Miis, especially now that we know more about them and their movesets, and how balanced they appear to be.

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
I'm pumped to seriously use Miis. Unfortunatly, I haven't heard the best news about Swordfighters and particularly Gunners. It's tough to gauge how good the Miis are right now, because many of the competitive players are not embracing them. Whether this is due to Miis being bad characters or because many people don't see them as tourney legal is the question.

EDIT: It could be that they are being glazed over for now in favor of more "interesting" newcomers, such as Bowser Jr, Pac-Man, and Robin.

Last edited:

shogungari

Smash Apprentice
Definitely me. It's not every day you get to play as your OC. The only downside is there's no shields for the swordsman.

Gryffin

Smash Cadet
I'm very excited to play the Miis. I think they have a cool movement style, and I like their attacks. And customizing them, aesthetically, is going to be so much fun. I'm excited to find all of the costumes, and it's therefore one of the few spoilers I'm avoiding.

T the Mewtwo fan

Smash Rookie
I am very interested in being able to beat up on unessicary characters (Jigglypuff) and also facing Ganon and Bowser. I'm gonna make Miis of Layton and Takamaru to use

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I kinda want to see a Mario Mii with Mario's cap and fight the actual Mario. That would be sick. But I can see myself maining the Brawler types. After all I would love to see me fight my robotic self and my other side of me.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
The thing is though, you can't use them online in battles with random people. So that sucks. I reaaaaly wish that you could, as I had plans on having Mii Brawler as one of my mains. I can technically still main it, but not properly as I can't use it online :(.

Sir Lulzalot

Smash Rookie
I'm definitely 100% ready and waiting for Mii Gunner and Mii Brawler, I just really wish we could get some data on the differences in height affecting speed, damage, knockback, and knockback resistance so that we can get a lot of the Mii haters to settle down for once.

SmashBroPlusB

Smash Cadet
NNID
smashbroplusb
3DS FC
3136-6824-7861
I'm a little bummed that Swordfighters don't have little shields like they do in Find Mii, or that none of the Mii Fighter categories can use any magic attacks. Heck, I could totally see a fourth "Magician" category working, with things like a red magic fire tornado slowly crawling forward, or using light-blue ice magic to create shattering ice blasts as the character jumps upwards (sort of an Up+B recovery).

Heck, there's twelve shirt colors and twelve possible custom moves (three choices for four slots), so Mii Magician could've had a special move representing every color of shirt. Mii Force and Find Mii II showed a bit of creativity behind the color attack system, and I would've loved to see a bit of representation from the Mii Fighter "home series"... instead of mostly having cloned variants of special moves from existing fighters (Gunner is ESPECIALLY guilty of stolen moves).

That being said, Find Mii helped me create one of my earliest OCs of all time, starting from a simple sword and magic user (literally ported from Find Mii) and eventually becoming a great adventurer with her own pool of attacks, a group of friends, and a tiny pet triceratops... it's a long story. I'm definitely going to be using her as one of my mains in Smash 4 (Swordfighter seems the most likely due to her roots), since the Mii Fighters all look just as interesting (and viable!!) as the regular fighters. Also, I think it would be kind of neat to main the Swordfighter; most players who have their hands on JP Smash 4 have been heavily leaning towards Brawler because of his incredible speed and potent Neutral+B / Side+B kill moves.

Eji1700

Smash Apprentice
I have no desire to recreate some silly character and just legitly want to main two or 3 of them. Gun/sword mii have especially pleasing move sets and brawler looks like it could be interesting as well.

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
I was somewhat ambivalent about Miis until I saw their victory screen. And then I just... didn't like them. It's like we have all these classic video game characters and then these, odd looking avatars. A lot of people were talking down about it like that before, it just took me seeing their victory screen to really feel disappointed about Miis.

JipC

Smash Journeyman
REALLY like Brawler and Gunner's movesets, Gunner in particular seems like a great teams character

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
At this point I don't think I'll ever remove Ness as my most primary main, but I've made it a goal to have a Mii Swordfighter and Mii Brawler as mains (I prefer those 2 movesets of the 3 personally), and they might get second spot in my list.

I'm using my own Mii as a Swordfighter given I like to represent myself in games, and I'm using Sakurai's Mii as a Brawler because I think it's pretty entertaining to see him destroy the competition.

UliWa

Smash Rookie
Socal And arizona are going to let people use them, but socal the mii has to be defaul weight and heigh and no custom moves which is fair imo I am planing on maining gunner and wario and sword for hard match ups.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I feel super confident in using Gunner, both offline and playing with friends, but the fact that I can't practice it with randoms in For Glory kinda hurts how much I actually get to practice him. I could see maining a Mii if I could do that, but as of now I'm probably just gonna have a pocket Gunner secondary.

Last edited:

Theguesst

Smash Rookie
I made a brawler with the shorest height and weight and he's so fun to play. I feel like brawler is the only rewarding character, he has guaranteed dthrow to fair to upb 2 (and fair to more fair on heavy characters) which feels so satisfying to land and kills opponents at lower percents. His moves also focus on putting the opponent on the ground with the angle bair and nair hit. I've had very little practice, but I'll be using brawler at a local and post the results here after.

Theguesst

Smash Rookie
I did amazingly. 20 entrants and I got 3rd. Most people were shocked to see how good fair to upb2 is. Ended up losing to a pikachu player which mii brawler cannot combo effectively against. Middleweight and heavy characters are easy, lightweights give him problems. Will upload a vod of game 5 sometime this week.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm looking forward to my Jesus mii beating up my Hitler mii. Wii Sports boxing just didn't do it for me.
If Hitler Mii isn't absolutely banned I will leave this community.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I'd like to use Mii Brawler as one of my mains, the other two don't fit my playstyle as well. Just have to educate some TO's about the difference between "Customization" and a character that has a choice between 3 attacks. Then we'll see how much I can main the Mii.

Kero the Invincible

Smash Apprentice
Well, since Mewtwo's been confirmed I suppose I could get my chuckles by making a "lolRoy" Swordfighter. Assuming they had the right armor, of course.

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Call me crazy, but currently I think that Mii Brawler is the best character in the game, if not top 3. I've been developing techniques in the lab that will change the metagame entirely. I wish I could show you, but I kind of want to wait to do it in tournament first before I go spreading it all around though.

kyokencl

Smash Rookie
NNID
kyokencl
3DS FC
3969-3699-8305
in my case

i wanted to try to remaining Fox

but when i test the Mii Brawler.............................without notice it i made my own Mii as my main

i feel more confortable using it and i thing i can do much more progress with my Mii rather that other character

thats all

Theguesst

Smash Rookie
Call me crazy, but currently I think that Mii Brawler is the best character in the game, if not top 3. I've been developing techniques in the lab that will change the metagame entirely. I wish I could show you, but I kind of want to wait to do it in tournament first before I go spreading it all around though.
I agree, but I've made my tech exploration available to the public in the videos section. Anything there similar to what you found?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I agree, but I've made my tech exploration available to the public in the videos section. Anything there similar to what you found?
No it's none of those. I feel bad for keeping the tech hidden at the moment, but I feel the moment I release it its going to cause a huge boom I'm most certain of it. It's something that no other character in this game currently can do.

Either tonight or tomorrow I'll post a new thread about what it is and explaining how it works.

I'll give you a hint though. It insta KO's half of the cast. Im serious. Not only that, but it can be combo'd into and its fairly easy to pull off.

Last edited:

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
I really enjoy using the Mii Brawler. Funny, the one I thought I'd be using the least turned out to be the one I use most.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I WANT to main a Mii because playing Jesus at a tournament would be hilarious.

The thing is, it would take a lot of experimentation; there's so many moves to choose from and they can dramatically alter your playstyle depending on which you choose. If I ever do main a Mii, it's going to a long time down the line after I've gotten my other mains down.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Well its pointless maining the Mii's now, considering customs are going to get banned. It was fun while it lasted guys.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Aw hell no, don't let them do this. Just don't. All 3 of the Mii Fighters are awesome characters on their own right.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
Well its pointless maining the Mii's now, considering customs are going to get banned. It was fun while it lasted guys.
I can see only a couple of customs getting banned, but for the most part, they're pretty balanced. I see no reason to ban the Mii Fighters, as none of their moves are overpowered in any way. In fact, a couple of their customs are downright crap.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'm not interested in "maining" any Mii (Zero Suit is just so awesome in both gameplay and looks :p), but I will admit something: Mii Brawler's actually one of my secondaries (along with Bowser) and I'm actually training to get a bit better with it.

cot(θ)

Smash Journeyman
Since FG is my main training ground right now, that really puts a damper in trying to main a Mii. If I get enough FCs that I don't need to play FG anymore, then I'll consider it.

Top Bottom