• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 How many matches?

GokaiPlatinum

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0903-3829-8484
How many matches did you get? In Citrus Heights, I feel like they gave us one less match than most people, who gave two, because there were two many people so they wanted to speed it along. Did anyone else have this experience?

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
At Nintendo World we had 3 matches per session, then you could come back 3 hours later for another 3 matches (which is what I did) 6 matches! But I only tried newcomers so I wasn't that focused on winning but rather trying out the new guys. I think we had the best deal so far but I still want more! D:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I only got one match in in Wheaton, MD. They had a lady with a belt type thing with two 3DS demos, but there was a family of four in front of me who wanted to all go together so I didn't actually get to play the 3DS version. I could have had another match or two, maybe three, had I gotten back in line but it wouldn't have been worth it and I had to go get food (which is what I'm doing now actually)

GokaiPlatinum

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0903-3829-8484
I just got back from the one on Saturday. No second match. Got to try the 3DS game but I got the last 40 seconds of some kids Smash Run. Pikachus down air wrecked in the 300% match the kid was playing in. I got through the menus and tried to start a Smash Run but he already wanted it back. He started timing the games as soon as I held the DS. Why not just have the demos give 2 minute matches like on the Wii U?

Sparkchu

Smash Apprentice
The Best Buy I visited (Mira Mesa), we were allowed one match for 3DS and one match for Wii U.
If it looked like the 3DS players are taking a little longer with their match, some are given the option of skipping that demo for the Wii U one. Few I've seen decided to.

ChillerDuu

Smash Cadet
In Baybrook, Texas on Wednesday we had 2 matches per session. It was only one match today to speed things up. Last time, I'm sure not everyone had the chance to play last time so makes sense. Played Bowser every time.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
With a combination of Wednesday and Saturday I did a total of 6 matches. I played Rosalina & Luma out of 5 of them and Villager for one. :)

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Smash Run & 2 Wii U matches at 2 minutes each. Basically I got a whole ten minutes worth of Smash.

GokaiPlatinum

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0903-3829-8484
Wow, they were so much less lenient. Was there a large turnout at your events, especially those of you who got 2-4? About how many people?

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
We got 2 matches per turn, barring the last turn I got where I got one match because they wanted to pack up. I got 11 two minute Wii U matches and two Smash Run games.

Last edited:

menotyou135

Smash Journeyman
Our Best buy did a single two minute match.

They started off giving everybody two matches, but when they realized how big the crowd was, they cut that idea.

I don't think they expected the turnout. For saturday, I got to best buy at 9:30 (started at 12:00) and I had to wait almost an hour to get a match after they started because there was already a large line at the door two and a half hours before it even started.

Top Bottom