• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many major fights have you gotten in with your girlfriend over Brawl so far?

~rh

Smash Lord
One. Then we begged me to play Mario Party 8. :sad:

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
I'd say 1 at most? Mine enjoys Smash, to some degree, but she's.. not very good. At all. But she was getting interested and liked playing Melee and was, to her credit, getting.. slightly better.

She was just a little upset to see that I still have to either sandbag or completely destroy her even in the new installment.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Pft, 90% of the users on this board are virgins and lonely. The funny thing is, many will lie about having a GF due to mental inferiority.
I suspect this to be true. Well, at least the latter half. I feel like 90% may be a bit high even for nerds like us.

On an unrelated note, I feel like if you get into "major fights" with your significant other over a video game (especially 5 times) then you may have problems. Either you play the game far too much or she's a nutter. Or both.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
What does age have to do with it dude? I lost my virginity to a flock of sheep. Twice. At Age 9.
In a ninja turtle outfit. On a saturday. I would have lost it to a cow, but I decided for sheep because they gave me the "come do me" eyes.

SunriseW12

Smash Apprentice
man I hate swf's capitalization rules. I totally had a witty, all caps response but now I dont.

navillus

Smash Apprentice
i have gotten to at least five maybe six fights with two separate girlfriends since brawl came out (six total not six each) no lie. I think i may need to sort out my pirorities hahah

Egret

Smash Journeyman
Pft, 90% of the users on this board are virgins and lonely. The funny thing is, many will lie about having a GF due to mental inferiority.
you sound a bit mental inferiority yourself...

SHined BLind

Smash Apprentice
I got in a little fight with my x-girlfriend (only friends now) about Brawl once. One time, Wen she managed to win, I claimed that Ike was cheap as an excuse for loosing, so she got all defensive and all. Oh, do x-girlfriends still count?/

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
A few, but only because the closest thing I have to a girlfriend is my main character in the game. I've fought Peach a few times, so yeah.

I'm not ashamed to admit my pitiful failure.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I left my wife over Brawl, she's not worth it.

gtfo *****

...not.

Naybewon

Smash Ace
Every guy I've ever dated has dreaded playing both Melee and Brawl with me.

My current boyfriend gets very quiet when he loses. I have no idea what he's thinking but if I had to make a guess, I'd say he's usually imagining taking my controller and shoving it through my face. <3

I am probably in a healthy relationship.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
This thread deserves a facepalm from a real man...

A girl that refuses to play smash/is a stereotype n00b is not worthy...

/jk. LOL i have a bunch of friends that are boys and i'm the best 1vs1 player, i tend to lose more in multiplayer... They even don't want to play 1vs.1 because they don't like to lose...

My crush doesn't even have a Wii... :psycho: He is not a real man...

^edit- I swear i didn't see the double sense in that at first... It was a coincidence...:laugh:
and i'm sorry for going off topic...:p

Credits to Abgar for posting that pic.

SiegKnight

Smash Journeyman
I had an ex that refused to use wavedashing even occaisionally to help their game because they said it sucks since you might accidentally run into a bobomb by going faster than usual

I didn't play melee at the time, only started properly with brawl. Just was advising them as they played smash alot.

I don't think I laughed as hard as I did then

but its not really messed up relationships

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
Truer than true

I dont have a girlfriend, but i dont care. Im 15, but it just doesnt bother me.

People who lie about it are pathetic. They deserve to stay lonely.

navillus

Smash Apprentice
I suspect this to be true. Well, at least the latter half. I feel like 90% may be a bit high even for nerds like us.

On an unrelated note, I feel like if you get into "major fights" with your significant other over a video game (especially 5 times) then you may have problems. Either you play the game far too much or she's a nutter. Or both.
BOTH! lolz

Blackadder

Smash Master
Truer than true

I dont have a girlfriend, but i dont care. Im 15, but it just doesnt bother me.

People who lie about it are pathetic. They deserve to stay lonely.
Woah, way to have a sense of humour there, Killjoyboy. :(

Besides.... I happen to lie about my relationship statis every other day, and I'm proud of the huge facade I've caused.

What can I say? I'm an arsehole. :bee:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I haven't, but I actually haven't had a girlfriend since Brawl came out.

I played Melee with my last girlfriend some; not a whole lot, though.
If I recall correctly, we played teams...everybody, that should be your solution...don't play vs. your girlfriend, play teams. That way you can save her from death and she'll be happy, rather than you beating the crap out of her. :laugh:

But yeah, I never got into fights about it.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Looking over this thread I realize why so many of you end up being misogynistic bachelors.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Looking over this thread I realize why so many of you end up being misogynistic bachelors.
Who do you know on this forum who's a misogynistic bachelor?

Naybewon

Smash Ace
Either you're really good, or you have a habit of attracting losers.
I'm decent.

...And they've all been losers :D

It's actually very hard (at least in all the places I've lived) to find a guy who enjoys playing video games (not just GTA, either) Crazy, but I won't date a guy unless he genuinely (or at least appears to) enjoy playing video games.

Blackadder

Smash Master
It's actually very hard (at least in all the places I've lived) to find a guy who enjoys playing video games (not just GTA, either) Crazy, but I won't date a guy unless he genuinely (or at least appears to) enjoy playing video games.
Woah, woah, you find it hard to find guy gamers? :O :(

My... how times have changed since I froze myself in '98.
What an age we live in... What has the world become.

What has the world become.

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
Right now, we're still fighting. We haven't actually had a real match with just us two, since she has to play at her friends house through wifi.

RolandBeoulve

Smash Apprentice
Mine only gets mad because her little sister plays WAY better then she does>.> I need to take this kid to a tourney and wipe up the local players.

Top Bottom