• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many hours a week do you play smash?

dude225

Smash Apprentice
If it isnt too much trouble, could everyone post a rating of yourself (1-10... 10 being the best), and how many hours a week you practice or play smash. ill go first.

i give myself a 6 and i play probably 6-8 hours a week. thats on occasion tho, since my friend has had my game for almost a year.

im trying to figure out who many hours someone who rates themselves highly (8 or above) plays the game.

Demon_Lord

Smash Cadet
I give myself a...2.5; 3 - 3.5 hours a week because I'm reluctant on finding a main yet -_-;

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
I'd rate myself between a 5-6 out of 10. I can do most advanced tactics fluidly, but my mindgames/approach sucks and I lack experience. >_>

I probably practice 10 hours or less a week. If there were people in my area with decent skill I would play more, since practicing techniques against level 1's can only take you so far.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
I'm not an expert on counting on how many hours I play,but I would say maybe 8-9 a week.

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
I play just at least about 7hours a day soo...

Like 49 hours a week

yea i have no life....

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I'd rate myself an 8. And Smash is the only game I play (Day of Reckoning sometimes) and I play about 3-4 hours a day. But it varies every day so I guess...25 hours a week?

spoonyd

Smash Apprentice
Well rating yourself is pretty hard I think but I'd say about 5/10. If I were to go to a tournament with reasonable competition, my feelings tell me I'd be in the middle somewhere. My advanced techs are fine. Mindgames are fine but lacking experience and matchup development. For a good while I practiced 3 hrs a day to do tech stuff. Takes time but after only 2 months I can say it's definitely been worth it.

Hey how do you get that cool sig 56k? And who plays Game & Watch? lol :p

Something else I forgot to add. The smashers who are top prolly don't play as much as we all do but they already have several years of experience behind them. I understand that Ken doesn't even play much anymore but he doesn't have to. What has he left unaccomplished? Granted this isn't true for all pro smashers but it takes time and dedication. What I mean by that is seeking out those who are better and losing and learning from them along with your daily routines.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
You can find it in this thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=82986

Lol I play G&W, what can I say I'm a strange fellow. :) *coughimonyoutube*

I think it's kind of hard to link a player's skill or rating with how much they play. Experience against advanced players and in tournaments matters a lot. I used to play for several hours a day with Ganondorf. The problem was, I played by myself, 5 stock, on Battlefield against level 9 computers. I was basically a noob but I thought I was so good lol. At that point, I'd rate myself a 1 or 2. Then I went to a smashfest and got owned. That's when my tourney and advanced experience started. Now I play less often, but I go to tournaments and play with people often, and I'm definitely better.

EDIT: lol I changed my sig so um yeah XD

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
So this thread is just.. brag about how good you are while having little to no tournament experience and then talk about how much more you play the game then the next person?

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
All the cool people do.. Like me ;)

self ratings are hard to give. Is the rating relative to everyone in the world, or just the people that know what they're doing?

Top Bottom