• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Long have you been waiting for Brawl?

geogaither

Smash Apprentice
roughly 2-3 minutes after the trailer went live on ign.com back in may of '06

orintemple

Smash Lord
I knew about it years ago when the rumor of a new one was announced. I even called the name which I was very proud of XD

Jamal

Smash Cadet
About seven months ago I got really been anxious and just gotta last till feb 4th.

Albiel

Smash Apprentice
After they announced it I was interested in it for a good half a year. Then I went through a Xbox fanboy phase, which was quickly disposed of when they announced Sonic.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I've been waiting for a new Smash Bros. ever since I completed Melee. ;)

But yeah, I've been going batty ever since Iwata dropped the bomb at E3 2005.

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
I heard about it when it was announced. But when I kept checking for updates, there was nothing. Eventually I found out the dojo and I followed that.

Leviscus

Smash Apprentice
Way too long...after about a year of playing Melee I anticipated the next installment. 6 years later and still have to wait another month :S Oh well, it will be worth it :D

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
I think most of us have been waiting since the first trailer...duh lol.

But I guess a lot were also waiting before they even knew of Brawl.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
2 months ago... i realized how much i loved melee, and to get a iPod Touch or a Wii with money i earned. but i didn't have too, my parents bought me a wii for christmas now i'm siked for brawl. so i'm glad i haven't been waiting for a year. because i would go nuts...

Ithilgore

Smash Apprentice
Always was looking foward to a sequel since Melee, but really since it's first trailer at E3 2006. I remember being surprised at seeing it, since I was disapointed they didn't show it at their press conference a couple of days previous.

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
i've been waiting ever since i heard of it- from my game nerd friend
i didn't care to much back then but i started actually waiting for it since the release of the wii
now the smashboards is like an oxygen tank to me until i get it- then i can breath on my own
(wtf.... am i talking about)

shinnok-fan64

Smash Apprentice
I watched the E3 trailer a while back, but didn't get super excited until i started going on the Dojo.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Really, I've been waiting for Brawl since I first stopped waiting for Melee. <3

Smash is one of my most favorite series. I'm glad I didn't have to wait forever. However, when I first heard of Brawl is when I started seeking more info and started being active at these forums again.

And then the Dojo came.

It's been a great run. I don't expect there to be another Smash though, so I probably won't be waiting patiently for the next one this time.

Suoinegni

Smash Apprentice
I think E3, might've been a little later though. I didn't really get into Brawl and follow the news until about June though. Now I wish I hadn't 'cause it makes the wait sooo much longer now. Oh well.

Top Bottom