• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Is This Game Fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus Lovelace

Smash Rookie
For the life of me, I 100% can not find this game fun no matter how hard I try. I can't wrap my head around playing 90% of the cast in this game, playing against them is even more of a headache, you can get punished for doing literally anything in this game, and skill gaps make matches so ridiculous in this game. So basically, I can only really play swordies because everyone else in the game has some super odd set of moves. Playing against almost all of the characters in this game feels like an uphill battle, like most of them have some super annoying gimmick and it's just never fun. This game is wanting to be treated like a fighting game, but in almost every other fighting game you really can't get punished for doing lights, while in Smash Ultimate you can get punished for anything and everything you do. Skill gaps are so clear as soon as you even begin the match, and it's really, really frustrating. But the worst thing I can think of is that trying to get better at this game isn't even fun, like, I don't enjoy practicing against other people, I don't learn anything, I don't know if it's just the way it's structured or if I'm literally just not meant to play Smash, but I can't even get a grasp on what to do and not do in this game, and it doesn't even matter because there's no time to try stuff since it moves so fast. Being bad in this game, even decent, doesn't ever let you enjoy yourself, unlike in most other games where you'll probably be fine, why is that? I don't know if any of this even has any merit, because I'm terrible at the game, probably not. I really just wanted to get all of this out there because I was probably gonna go insane trying to hold it in forever.

Arthur97

Smash Master
So you think Mario, DK, Captain Falcon, Fox, Ness, Pit, and Bowser to name a few are super gimmicky?

There isn't much to say other than stop playing if you hate it so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom