• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How is this even possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to start out by saying this: I don't own the Super Smash Bros. game. Or a Gamecube. Or any controllers. I have a Wii. That's about it...

Alright here's my story: My friends at school are pretty decent players. In fact, they pretty much take evey chance they get to train with each other in order to beat me. The Sad Part is that they never do. Everytime I used my shiek against one of their marths, I two-stock them. Whats even funnier is the fact that I could set the game down for a month, come back and still be at the same skill level as before and stiil whip my friends. One example of this is when we did a team fight: A noob and me vs those two. Obviously, the noob died fairly quickly, leaving all of us with 3 lives each. In about 3 minutes, I emerged victorious with 126%. How is this even possible? Do I have some super crazy memory thing going on in my head or does this happen to everyone?

Oh yeah, and for all you haters/doubters out there, yes: My friends are good. They know all of the technical terms (wavedash,L-cancel,etc.). Yes: they know how to use them. And no: They are not N00bs -_- .

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
Dont be cocky, that takes away from the admiration of your skills. The same applies for my "pick-up" memmory its normal, sometimes if i cant beat a game i go to sleep and then when i wake beat the game instantly.

Bobobob1

Smash Rookie
Do they win any tournaments? Cause you can't truely say their good unless they've done decently well in a tournament. Any noob can wavedash or use advance techniques. You gotta use them right though.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Its not dfficult at all to pick up shiek after any amount of time and win.

MagiMaster

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to start out by saying this: I don't own the Super Smash Bros. game. Or a Gamecube. Or any controllers. I have a Wii. That's about it...

Alright here's my story: My friends at school are pretty decent players. In fact, they pretty much take evey chance they get to train with each other in order to beat me. The Sad Part is that they never do. Everytime I used my shiek against one of their marths, I two-stock them. Whats even funnier is the fact that I could set the game down for a month, come back and still be at the same skill level as before and stiil whip my friends. One example of this is when we did a team fight: A noob and me vs those two. Obviously, the noob died fairly quickly, leaving all of us with 3 lives each. In about 3 minutes, I emerged victorious with 126%. How is this even possible? Do I have some super crazy memory thing going on in my head or does this happen to everyone?

Oh yeah, and for all you haters/doubters out there, yes: My friends are good. They know all of the technical terms (wavedash,L-cancel,etc.). Yes: they know how to use them. And no: They are not N00bs -_- .
Well... your friends might not be noobs..... but they just suck. I don't see how you don't get that. You "never" play smash and still beat em? What explaination could it be beside "they suck?" Do you have some crazy memory thing going on in your head? right... if you had you wouldn't be asking this question to people in SWF since we don't know you at all and how you play. A good player doesn't question his skills, he just know them. He knows why he beats or get beated by others. This goes for you and your friends. I'm not saying that a good player doesn't need advice, but not a question like how did I beat em?

You also said that your friends trained everytime just to beat you. Ask yourself this question: Do they really train? or they just play eachother without improving at all? And if they do improve, what is it that became better? This remind me of someone I played. He was very technical, but he fell into almost every trap I set. Some were as easy as wd back from an approach and f-smash. Anyway, your friends should probably learn to correct mistakes by watching vids of themselves playing you.

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
Well... your friends might not be noobs..... but they just suck. I don't see how you don't get that. You "never" play smash and still beat em? What explaination could it be beside "they suck?" Do you have some crazy memory thing going on in your head? right... if you had you wouldn't be asking this question to people in SWF since we don't know you at all and how you play. A good player doesn't question his skills, he just know them. He knows why he beats or get beated by others. This goes for you and your friends. I'm not saying that a good player doesn't need advice, but not a question like how did I beat em?

You also said that your friends trained everytime just to beat you. Ask yourself this question: Do they really train? or they just play eachother without improving at all? And if they do improve, what is it that became better? This remind me of someone I played. He was very technical, but he fell into almost every trap I set. Some were as easy as wd back from an approach and f-smash. Anyway, your friends should probably learn to correct mistakes by watching vids of themselves playing you.
Very good points. I didn't want to post about how awesome I am because... well ya know. I'm not a jerk. ^_^

Agent 47

Smash Apprentice
u prolly played with items and ur not the only one who can put a game down for a long time and come back to it and still be able to beat someone at it.

aMtt

Smash Apprentice
How is it possible? You're playing Shiek.

I'm just wondering, what's the point of this thread? What do you expect people to say? "dude ur just that good!"

BrandonOwnageking

Smash Journeyman
HEY THIS STORY IS THE WORST STORY EVER I AM ONE OF THE FRIENDS MY FRIEND WAS REFERING TO FIRST OFF UVE BEEN PLAYING SMASH LONGER THEN I HAVE AND I PLAY JUST AS MUCH AS U BECAUSE I HAVE NO GAMECUBE AT MY HOUSE AND WE DON'T TRAIN JUST TO BEAT U, (COCKY MUCH?) AND JUST ON FRIDAY ME AND THE THE "OTHER FRIEND" BEAT U AND UR BROTHER WITH PIKACHU AND IC'S ONE OF THOSE MATCHES U WERE SHIEK AND WE WON ALL THE MATCHES BEFORE AND AFTER THAT WHEN WE WHERE PARTNERS WE WON...ALSO UR SHIEK IS UR ONLY REALLY EFFECTIVE CHARACTER WHEN U USE ALL UR OTHERS ITS EVEN. ALSO U SPEND ALL THE TIME U DONT HAVE A CHANCE TO PLAY WATCHING VIDEOS AND READING TUTORIALS.

(and yes my capslock got stuck in my fleat of anger)

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
HEY THIS STORY IS THE WORST STORY EVER I AM ONE OF THE FRIENDS MY FRIEND WAS REFERING TO FIRST OFF UVE BEEN PLAYING SMASH LONGER THEN I HAVE AND I PLAY JUST AS MUCH AS U BECAUSE I HAVE NO GAMECUBE AT MY HOUSE AND WE DON'T TRAIN JUST TO BEAT U, (COCKY MUCH?) AND JUST ON FRIDAY ME AND THE THE "OTHER FRIEND" BEAT U AND UR BROTHER WITH PIKACHU AND IC'S ONE OF THOSE MATCHES U WERE SHIEK AND WE WON ALL THE MATCHES BEFORE AND AFTER THAT WHEN WE WHERE PARTNERS WE WON...ALSO UR SHIEK IS UR ONLY REALLY EFFECTIVE CHARACTER WHEN U USE ALL UR OTHERS ITS EVEN. ALSO U SPEND ALL THE TIME U DONT HAVE A CHANCE TO PLAY WATCHING VIDEOS AND READING TUTORIALS.

(and yes my capslock got stuck in my fleat of anger)
so what if i watch tutorials and stuff? the fact still is that i dont have a gamecube and you and parker do and i still own you both. Oh yeah and by the way, that fight on friday i was teamed up with owynn not elgen. Don't hate cuz you cant beat me!!! By the way why is your name ownage king??? You cant even beat a noob like owynn!!! ^_^

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
N00b comment!

u prolly played with items and ur not the only one who can put a game down for a long time and come back to it and still be able to beat someone at it.
WTF? Are you ********? Read the first post! No items idiot. Only n00bs play that way...
And im not saying I put the game down for a while, i'm saying this: I DON'T OWN THE ****ING GAME!!!

jwkirby64

Smash Journeyman
unless you kept using a noob combo and your friends undoubtedly fell for it everytime. I know i used to :D

by noob combo i dont mean that you suck, i just mean combos that everyone can do EX: dashattack -> up-smash

and unless they attend tournaments and do well, den they may not be very well that good.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Putting the game down and coming back at the same level is completely normal. Sometimes, when you put the game down and start back up, you're even better. (SOMETIMES)

It's nothing special. The only thing that may go down in the process is maybe some timing and finger stamina to do stuff like waveshining.

Oh wait, you're using Sheik. Yes, when you put the game down and come back, you should have no trouble. It's not special at all. Especially with Sheik.

BrandonOwnageking

Smash Journeyman
so what if i watch tutorials and stuff? the fact still is that i dont have a gamecube and you and parker do and i still own you both. Oh yeah and by the way, that fight on friday i was teamed up with owynn not elgen. Don't hate cuz you cant beat me!!! By the way why is your name ownage king??? You cant even beat a noob like owynn!!! ^_^
Dude now ur just being ******** i never said u teamed with elgen i said ur brother and owyns ur brother and i beat owyn all the time and u know it ur just trying to get ppl online to flame me. also its just a gaming tag get over it my name could be the emperor of china it doesnt mean i am.

also i can't wait to go to a tourn so real pros can deflate that big head of urs

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
Dude now ur just being ******** i never said u teamed with elgen i said ur brother and owyns ur brother and i beat owyn all the time and u know it ur just trying to get ppl online to flame me. also its just a gaming tag get over it my name could be the emperor of china it doesnt mean i am.

also i can't wait to go to a tourn so real pros can deflate that big head of urs
What are you talking about? Did you even read my first post?

BrandonOwnageking

Smash Journeyman
What are you talking about? Did you even read my first post?
dude what is wrong with u are u acting stupid so ppl have pity on u? I was responding to this

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
dude what is wrong with u are u acting stupid so ppl have pity on u? I was responding to this
Im just saying that you shouldn't be arguing with me in the first place. My post was about me remembering how to kick butt in smash, even though I don't own the game. I wasn't flaming you at all. I just used you and Parker as an example. Why do you always take things the wrong way? (-_-)

Before you reply with something stupid and untoughtful, take the time to actually READ MY FIRST POST. Then you will feel like bowing at my feet and saying sorry because obviously, you took my argument the wrong way. ^_^

BrandonOwnageking

Smash Journeyman
Im just saying that you shouldn't be arguing with me in the first place. My post was about me remembering how to kick butt in smash, even though I don't own the game. I wasn't flaming you at all. I just used you and Parker as an example. Why do you always take things the wrong way? (-_-)

Before you reply with something stupid and untoughtful, take the time to actually READ MY FIRST POST. Then you will feel like bowing at my feet and saying sorry because obviously, you took my argument the wrong way. ^_^
bad choice of an example, u know how i am.
and ur to cocky thats what makese me keep responding to u.
ur not that good

Klowne

Smash Journeyman
If your friends practice with each other all the time, it doesn't neccisarily mean they'll get better. This isn't an MMORPG, "grinding" or "playing tons of games" won't help unless you make an active effort to get better. That's my theory on why your friends might not seem to be improving enough to beat you, disregarding whether or not your story is true or who you might have offended IRL with this post.

Also, shiek vs marth is a terrible matchup.

aclimbatize

Smash Rookie
Both these posts are lame. Stop arguing on a publicly viewable forum and do it in person. No one really cares who is "actually" better, especially when most of us never have and never will actually know either of you.

If you want to settle it, play 10 1v1 matches, random tournament stages, your best character for all 10 matches. Whoever wins the most matches is better right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom