• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How is the Wiimote+Nunchuk?What are the contols for it?

Supersmashbro125

Smash Apprentice
For those who have played with it,is it complicated to use it?I plan to use it or the Wii Remote.I wanna use this more,because i dont like how the wii remote is set up.So,what are the controls for it and is it hard to use?

Geop

Smash Cadet
Meh, I don't know why you guys would prefer Nunchuk+Wiimote over Wiimote... The former seems way to awkward.

Anyway, I'm certain that you can customize your controls (unless I read that DOJO update wrong), so just pick up a Wiimote+Nunchuk look at the default controls (or think of what feels most comfortable to you) and just pretend you were playing Smash...

You WILL feel the awkwardness !!

holizz

Smash Cadet
For those who have played with it,is it complicated to use it?I plan to use it or the Wii Remote.I wanna use this more,because i dont like how the wii remote is set up.So,what are the controls for it and is it hard to use?
The only thing to get used to is the lack of a grab button. You can use A+B to grab, but that's generally a very poor idea since it's far too easy to accidentally do a neutral B instead of a grab. So use Z+A instead.

The only problem with the controller configuration is side taunting - 1+2 together. Suffers from the same problem as grabbing with A+B.

TheAmazingMio

Smash Rookie
did you guys forget that you could <b>customize</b> the control schemes?
i.e., i plan on using the wii-remote + nunchuck, but since i alternated L/R in melee, i made my control scheme like this:

VVayfarer

Smash Journeyman
did you guys forget that you could <b>customize</b> the control schemes?
i.e., i plan on using the wii-remote + nunchuck, but since i alternated L/R in melee, i made my control scheme like this:

I didn't forget: i just replied to the question. As for the customization, i'd prefer something like one hand for attacking, and the other hand for everything else.

JT_productions829

Smash Cadet
The feeling was kinda awkward at first when i used it. Just the fact that both hands can kinda move freely from one another was wierd. But you kinda get used to it.

Ebonyks

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to use the wiimote's D pad as a c stick?
The c-stick is replaced by motion activation on the actual wiimote.

My question for anyone who has used this setup relates to the dragoon, as well as snake's final smash. Can you simply point the wii mote to use it?

Proven

Smash Apprentice
I wonder how many of who are feeling awkward with the nunchuck have extensively played other Wii games. Let's take Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition as one example.

quanfer

Smash Rookie
Can I disable motion activation on the remote, and customize it to use the D Pad as the c stick instead?

Fault

Smash Cadet
The c-stick is replaced by motion activation on the actual wiimote.

My question for anyone who has used this setup relates to the dragoon, as well as snake's final smash. Can you simply point the wii mote to use it?
Nope. At no point in brawl does the IR pointing seem to do anything at all - not even in the menus or stage builder.

Top Bottom