• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS How is the online gaming on a 3DS?

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
I just got a 3ds a few months ago and only have one game with no online features. How is online for those games that do have it?

nessokman

Smash Lord
I just got a 3ds a few months ago and only have one game with no online features. How is online for those games that do have it?
Varies from game to game. Connection is usually good. Very little lag from my own experience. MK7 runs like a dream, and kid icarus plays well. I would say it has better than the wii. (My own opinion)

Viking Milo

Smash Rookie
Mario Kart 7 runs flawlessly online, though I get disconnected randomly in Pokemon Y

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Mario Kart 7 runs extremely smoothly.
Luigi's Mansion too, other than the assholes who disconnect before the match starts.

S

Sharic X

If you want a good game with awesome online replay value, play Kid Icarus a Uprising. The online is what's keeping that bad boy alive.

Not to mention that the graphics for that game are better than most a Wii games! It's a must buy for 3DS owners.

starbolt89

Smash Cadet
NNID
starbolt89
3DS FC
0860-4559-7031
will 3ds smash have wifi multilayer or will it be street pass only is what i want to know. i also have Mario kart 7 anyone wanna play?

Retro Rider

Smash Rookie
will 3ds smash have wifi multilayer or will it be street pass only is what i want to know. i also have Mario kart 7 anyone wanna play?
The game will indeed have online play as nintendo has confirmed this. After all it would be silly not to have this feature, even though I'm sure the single player experience will still be a great joy. And I can certainly imagine it running very well as MK7 did, with as much stuff that goes on during an online race I would say smash bros. for 3DS should handle it just find.

Retro Rider

Smash Rookie
The game will indeed have online play as nintendo has confirmed this. After all it would be silly not to have this feature, even though I'm sure the single player experience will still be a great joy. And I can certainly imagine it running very well as MK7 did, with as much stuff that goes on during an online race I would say smash bros. for 3DS should handle it just find.

Retro Rider

Smash Rookie

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
MK7 is probably the best online game that I have played on it. Dark Moon is also good if no one disconnects, although that happens a lot.

S

Sharic X

I can say without a doubt that Kid Icarus Uprising had and still has, the best online experience for a 3DS game. Then there's Heroes of Ruin, which made it feel like a MMORPG when playing online, even if it was only between 4 people.

But Heroes of Ruin coolest thing was a well-working voice chat system over the internet in multiplayer.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I would say that Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus: Uprising and Pokémon X/Y have great online.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Sweet thanks for the info guys! Picked up Mario Kart 7 I suck online (need to unlock more parts) but it is very good!

Diabolic

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1864-9972-0975
I think Pokemon is the only one with a real issue but I believe it is just a glitch which they have yet to fix. ;o

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Kid Icarus has amazing internet play. Definitely my favorite game on the system because of it. Mario Kart was fluid as heck when I tried it.

Resident Evil: Revelations has some netplay. And I hear Luigi's Mansion has some beautiful multiplayer.

Unfortunately Bomberman 3ds got cancelled. I was looking forward to that. Also Bonk 3ds, obv. Damn Hudson.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mario Kart 7 works pretty well from what I've played. Though it's a bit harder to get connected online at night, since the only people who'd likely play are on the other half of the world. But I guess that's a little obvious.

S

Sharic X

How about the new Steel Diver: Sub Wars? It has some decent online.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The online for both versions of the new Smash Bros is going to be extremely strong. Online for the Wii was an afterthought, and hence, was rarely used for anything significant. The online infrastructure for 3DS and Wii is miles better. The online for Brawl itself, while PLANNED from the early stages, it was only worked on and really given thought later on. Unlike Smash 4, which likely already has development on it's online features well under way.

There is also the fact that Namco Bandai are developing the game. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on Wii U (and other systems) is awesome online. I suffered problems occasionally, but last I played it, I had a router that was on it's way out. I have a new one now, and in general, my online experience on every system I own has been significantly better.

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
I have Pkmn X. Online is very smooth. I love the ability to interact with other players during the game instead of the traditional way of going to the Pkmn Center or some other building. I'm sure smash 3DS wifi will be viable.

Top Bottom