• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U How is the c-stick bug still a thing

Karker

Smash Rookie
http://smashboards.com/threads/update-aerial-c-stick-issues-workaround.378889/

How has this bug managed to last this long.
i dont remember when the gamecube controller released, but i believe this also occurs on the pro controllers(not that it would matter considering they are now banning these in some major)

If you use the c-stick or right stick for an aerial or even a smash on the ground, and continue to hold it for more than like a frame or so, all the inputs from the left stick literally get ignored. this caused retreating fairs and bairs out of shield while moving forward to become annoyingly hard to do and nigh impossible

seriously. this game is almost 2 years old and this bug is still here.
this is rediculous for people who have come from brawl for quite a few years and its completely reasonable to to refuse to switch from using the c-stick for smashes.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Because it's literally the byproduct of having the smash c-stick macro "control stick + attack" instead of "directional smash attack." The same reason why you get tilt inputs out of a pivot grab.

The game can't read two differnt control stick inputs at once so the one that isn't performing the aerial input is negated. Not a bug, not gonna be patched, get over it or set your stick to attack instead of smash.

Last edited:

Fluorescent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NeoRashi
3DS FC
2122-7596-1415
Literally have not noticed something like this before, seemingly because this whole thing is completely ignored when having the c-stick to 'attack' which I have been using since recent months before I switched from the default controls.

Though I haven't had too much trouble flicking the c-stick since I've been playing smash but as others have said I believe this is an intentional thing and not a bug.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I believe they designed it this way so that people with a 3ds wouldn't be disadvantaged against people with two sticks. Still plenty of other exploits that can be done with two sticks though.
The only advice we can give is to practice practice practice. You'll get the hang of it.

Karker

Smash Rookie
this bug is literally going to be enough to keep me from practicing this
they didnt put this into brawl despite the fact that a wii-mote wouldnt a joystick, why suddenly decide to put it in now
and as for the argument about the 3ds, theres plenty of other things you can do with 2 joysticks you cant do with one.
it literally makes no sense when every other wii u game can read 2 joysticks but one of the most popular in the world cant.

Robert Rodriguez

Smash Rookie
NNID
Robertiken
I realize this thread is dead but I have no idea where else to post this.

I'm currently dealing with a bug persistent across all gc controllers I own as well as Sm4sh and Brawl Minus. In addition to the one spoken of here, I find that sometimes when using the c-stick set to attack, I will accidentally jump. I tried to find out exactly which direction or input it is that causes the jump, but it doesn't seem to be consistent. The only way I've been able to replicate it is by rotating the c-stick as fast as possible, which will obviously cause random tilts, however in-between these tilts/aerials my character may jump once or twice, which is extremely problematic in any match.

I set my z-button to jump in order to make it easier to buffer aerials together with my jumps, and set a to grab, with x and y set to attack. I thought I had finally grown comfortable with the control scheme until this started happening.

Anyone have any experience in this happening to them, what might be causing it, or how it can be fixed?

I realize I may be in the wrong thread, and if so I hope no one minds directing me to the proper one.

Top Bottom