• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How I Use DK Fthrow

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
It can work, but if your opponent is fast they can fast fall you to mess your timing. Some characters can even air dodge and still up-b

Mr Nobody

Smash Cadet
I do mostly the same thing, depending on the percentage and the stage. If it's a stage with sloped edges and they have like 40-50%, then I usually go for the stage spike. That is, cargo them, fall of the stage and press the C stick toward the stage. Idk if this turns me around and fthrows or if there is a cargo bthrow, but it doesn't matter. It kills them dead.

If they have less percent, I usually just cargo, short hop dthrow off the stage, and double jump into a fair. Fair has a much bigger range so it will either spike or clobber them if they double jump. Due to the broad sweep of it, if they go underneath it, they're usually pretty low to recover, which means that they are fair game for a ledge hopped dair. Grab the ledge, drop and quickly double jump, and dair. It seems to be really effective on most recoveries, especially Snake, and there's still time to up B to the ledge without fear. So after the initial dair, the opponent has to look out for the fair, initial up B, ledge hopped dair, and second up B (which can usually stage spike). Pretty nice.

I rarely ever use the cargo fthrow, or even the cargo uthrow. The cargo dthrow is just too nice and puts them in a really bad position. Plus, the cargo fthrow can be DI'd so hard that it's useless; I threw my brother's Ganon with it once and he went behind me. Real nice.

Top Bottom