• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS How i feel!?!

solidsneek

Smash Rookie
Hey guys and a HUGE hello i am new to all things Smash this forum and also the game it self. I have owned it on 3DS for quite a while now but i have never put a lot of effort in to it (Even though i enjoy it!). I don't own a WIIU and i know that smash is starting to rise on the E-sports community. Now for some reason i feel less of a player for playing on my 3D'S. I just wanted to know how you guys felt does it feel more like a sister game than a competetive smash bros title. (Maybe i am missing something and there is competetive 3DS leagues).

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
Hey guys and a HUGE hello i am new to all things Smash this forum and also the game it self. I have owned it on 3DS for quite a while now but i have never put a lot of effort in to it (Even though i enjoy it!). I don't own a WIIU and i know that smash is starting to rise on the E-sports community. Now for some reason i feel less of a player for playing on my 3D'S. I just wanted to know how you guys felt does it feel more like a sister game than a competetive smash bros title. (Maybe i am missing something and there is competetive 3DS leagues).
there are 3ds tournaments, but they are very small and isolated. Getting a wii u is a good choice if you want to get In depth into the smash scene. You can buy a refurbished wii u for $200 and smash wii u for 59.99(unless there are discounts).

solidsneek

Smash Rookie
O
there are 3ds tournaments, but they are very small and isolated. Getting a wii u is a good choice if you want to get In depth into the smash scene. You can buy a refurbished wii u for $200 and smash wii u for 59.99(unless there are discounts).
It is so strange like i feel like im playing a cheaper worse game even though i know it isn't really! The other thing is when are they planning on releasing the NX is there plenty of life in the WIIU

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
there is no definite release date for the NX, but many are speculating it to be holiday 2016

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I still think 3DS version is still worth of playing when your're on the road, or just have some short time of playing video games.
The other thing is when are they planning on releasing the NX is there plenty of life in the WIIU
Don't let that stop you from buying Wii U if you want to play Smash4, not like my sister saying why do I buy a console with only one game I want. I actually have more game I want on the Wii U than on the Play Station 4 and Xbox One, so why would I buy other consoles that even though does have plenty of great games, but doesn't fit my appetite?

Click Klack

Smash Cadet
Welcome for one thing, There isn't much of scene for the 3ds version of the game, so if you want to get into the meat and gravy of the game you might want to consider getting a Wii U.

xZaggin

Banned via Warnings
I'm on the same boat as you, but for me it seems a bit far fetched that would mean I would need to buy a TV and probably a few other games. Even though I've put many hours on the 3DS version I can't justify buying a Wii-U solely for smash.

the scene is not so alive and pretty rare to find a lag free match, I wish I could even tr out the Smash Wii U to see the difference

Mizzy Moe

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3883-6486-6414
i only have a 3ds and ill play on the smash ladder to get good and my friend has the wii u so ill just transfer what i learn to there and wah la its all good :p

MalcolmFlex

Smash Cadet
Cyber Monday / Black Friday is on the horizon soon; I'm sure you can fetch a Wii U for a great price. Definitely worth it just for Smash.

Last edited:

Jakee

Smash Rookie
I'm on the same boat as you, but for me it seems a bit far fetched that would mean I would need to buy a TV and probably a few other games. Even though I've put many hours on the 3DS version I can't justify buying a Wii-U solely for smash.

the scene is not so alive and pretty rare to find a lag free match, I wish I could even tr out the Smash Wii U to see the difference
This sums up perfectly why I won't buy a Wii U. I do have to say that I myself am not very much into video games as a whole anymore, like when I was a young kid. I now have just those few that are near and dear, Sm4sh being one of them.

If you are going to buy a Wii U, by all means that will definately improve your game, if that's what you truly want (I'm often told the C stick will lead to a lot of improvement) but if you're gunna buy a system, you should also have the interest to play other titles and really get your moneys worth.

I also read that someone else here uses smash ladder (though Im sure a lot of us here do, also) and that is a great way to enjoy a competative environment with the 3DS

Naulis

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3325-2274-0881
Switch FC
I am also limited to the 3DS, but I play on the Wii U when I can at a friends place. I definitely want to get the Wii U for smash, its allot better if you want to get competitive but its also just a great game to have. But there are other games for the Wii U that are awesome, Splatoon is dope, Mario Maker is dope, Wind Waker HD is dope. So don't feel like if you buy a Wii U it is only for smash, it's got other great games too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom