• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 How hyped are you?

What are your hype levels on a scale out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
10/10. I literally think about Smash 4 everyday, and I'm proud of it.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
So just to get this straight: This is a thread on a Smash Bros dedicated site that asks if we are excited for the next Smash Bros game?

No. No we aren't.
I'm not asking if you're excited, I'm asking how excited. There is a difference. Plus some people do actually seem to be not that excited even though they are on a Smash Bros dedicated site.

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I'm excited, but I try to contain my hype. Sure it's looking like a great and polished game so far, but at the end of the day, when you have the game and have tried out all the new stuff, it loses some of its grandeur. So I won't waste the next few weeks of my life looking forward to something.

although I still want it to release soon

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Might sound crazy with my activity here, but I'm not hype at all. Only hype I experienced was with the GC controller adapter, because I know that will be good.

For the rest of the game, I won't make the same mistake as I made with Brawl. It's all well if you enjoyed that game, but I was horribly disappointed with the product and I regret all the energy I spent speculating it, and even more so with how much energy I spent trying to make it work. Add all the characters you want. If the game doesn't play well, it is just going to end up taking up shelf space with Brawl.

And it's not pessimism at all. It's simply reservation. Until I have tried the game and am genuinely pleased with it, or if refutable members of the community can positively vouch for the changes, I'll maintain my composure.

Last edited:

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
I clicked 10, but it's mostly because my hype extends to all of Nintendo's E3.

As far as SSB goes, I am honestly more hyped about learning dates, seeing Veterans return, CG trailers & Wii U's single player mode and maybe a date/price for the Gamecube adapter.

I like every newcomer so far (not all immediately, as I didn't know what to make of WFT and Greninja was primarily just my shock that it was so random to me at the time, and also, the angst that it should've been a replica of the Mewtwo vs. Charizard battle from Origins), so I am not too concerned with that. The character I wanted most was Little Mac, and he's in. After that were Saki (AT), Isaac & Shulk. I've already prepared myself for Isaac to be an Assist Trophy again. So the only thing that will make me mad/sad as far as newcomers go is if Shulk's not playable. I will also not be able to accept Namco missing the huge opportunity to put Pac-Man in the game so we have legitimate all-stars of the gaming industry. And also, the "Triforce" from Gamecube era.

Veterans are what concern me most right now, since most of the characters I like are ones that are not all that relevant and could easily be cut for various reasons.

But man, I'm pumped for "Nintendo Day". Just non-stop Nintendo info, all day. New Zelda, new info on RSEmakes, hopefully dates and info on Yarn Yoshi, SMTxFE, Bayonetta 2, X, Hyrule Warriors, etc to get those out of the way, hopefully a reveal of Pokken Fighters, and for it to actually be a Pokemon fighting game, and be amazing.

And the biggest thing for me is, Nintendo's gotten a lot of their "usual suspects"/one-per-console titles out of the way for both 3DS & Wii U.

I'm also really excited to see what they're doing with their NFC thing and what Miyamoto's IP is all about.

Last edited:

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
Might sound crazy with my activity here, but I'm not hype at all. Only hype I experienced was with the GC controller adapter, because I know that will be good.

For the rest of the game, I won't make the same mistake as I made with Brawl. It's all well if you enjoyed that game, but I was horribly disappointed with the product and I regret all the energy I spent speculating it, and even more so with how much energy I spent trying to make it work. Add all the characters you want. If the game doesn't play well, it is just going to end up taking up shelf space with Brawl.

And it's not pessimism at all. It's simply reservation. Until I have tried the game and am genuinely pleased with it, or if refutable members of the community can positively vouch for the changes, I'll maintain my composure.
I completely understand. I feel somewhat the same but I did enjoy Brawl so it isn't as bad. Hopefully Smash 4 pleases both crowds, the Melee and Brawl fans.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
There is one new IP from Miyamoto. Something called "Strike Team Eliminating the Alien Menace"
I read the rumors, but I won't believe until I see it.
The burn for last year's Tropical Freeze reveal still hurts, even after buying the game and realizing that it's awesome.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
But Zelda U
I'm not really hyped for Zelda U. Because we don't KNOW anything. I won't be hyped about Zelda U until we actually see something, and I'm reserving my judgment for the possibility of something I don't want/care about. I think Skyward Sword has made a ton of people cautiously optimistic about the next Zelda game.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
100/10. I haven't been this excited for a game release ever. Smash Bros is my favorite game series ever. I have the 10th off from work, and I will be spending every minute of it watching what Nintendo has to show, the direct, the treehouse, the invitational, and reviews of all the information. I am literally pumped up out of my mind for this.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
100/10. I haven't been this excited for a game release ever. Smash Bros is my favorite game series ever. I have the 10th off from work, and I will be spending every minute of it watching what Nintendo has to show, the direct, the treehouse, the invitational, and reviews of all the information. I am literally pumped up out of my mind for this.
seeing all you guys hyped just makes me even more hyped!!!! :grin:

AbbiDood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShadyLion
Definitly extremly excited. I mainly wanna know what characters they'll announce at E3, and of course I'm super hyped for the invitational!! Hope DJ Nintendo get's to show everyone Bowsers (or Marios) power!

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
10, HYPE-RDRIVE ACHIEVED

I so can't wait for the new tidbits about Smash.
Also excited for Star Wars Battlefront news but Smash and Nintendo in general is at the top of the list for me this E3

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I am actually not entirely hyped (I arbitrarily selected six). However, that is as a result of the date. Once we approach e3, I am sure that will change.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Feeling kinda meh. We already know what to expect. Miamoto's new IP, Zelda U and HW, FExSMT, X, Yarn Yoshi, Sonic Boom... I'm not seeing alot of room for surprises. Platinum is officially over Starfox, so that's out. Retro is on shaky ground with Metroid, so I'm pretty doubtful. Kirby? TD just came out and HAL is notoriously slow. Paper Mario? IS sounds pretty swamped between FExSMT and the recently announced Pushmo U. F-Zero? Nintendo doesn't even care and probably doesn't want to interfere with MK8. Meh meh meh meh...

If it weren't for the actual gameplay of SSB, I'd probably be grinding for VR in MK8.

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
Level of Hype: OVER NINE THOOOOOOOOOOUSEND!
Smash bros: 10
Pokemon Oras: 10
Nintendo Games witch are not confirmed by yet: 9
Mari kart 8 Dlc: 8
Huryle warriors: 7
Non nintendo stuff: 4

Last edited:

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
8/10. Cautiously optimistic, but I do go overboard before going to sleep. o.o

I'm really hyped for:

1. X
2. Zelda U
3. SSB4

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
So hype that I'm stockpiling hype gifs for the madness.

Mabataki

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4167-4743-1372
Well "hype" is a word which i've come to hate. And i refuse to use any internet memes to express my feelings about this upcoming E3 event. That all being said, i am anticipating this and i'd rate my excitement level a solid 7/10

TheLightningGamer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1375-7316-4338
My hype is harder to contain than Madara Uchiha! Haha, bad Naruto reference...

No, but seriously, I can't wait for Smash, Hyrule Warriors, Zelda U, and so many more. I have my fingers crossed for Pokken Fighters to be real. By the way, nice profile pic Shariq!

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588

No, but seriously, I can't wait for Smash, Hyrule Warriors, Zelda U, and so many more. I have my fingers crossed for Pokken Fighters to be real. By the way, nice profile pic Shariq!
I've got more hype than DBZ transformations.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
How hyped am I? HOW HYPED AM I?

I had a bowl of nails for breakfast this morning...

Without any milk.

Thor

Smash Champion
On a scale of "Something I will never know about because it will never ever affect me" to "The universe will implode thanks to me", I'd say I'm reasonably hyped.

But if I anticipate too much, time slows down in a bad way, so I'm trying to just stay patient.

I'd have put a 7-really looking forward to it [to me, quite excited is an 8], but that was not an option, so I put 8 - really looking forward to it.

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I'm not as hyped as I probably was one year ago, mostly because I'm expecting that the newcomers revealed during E3 will be characters from the Gematsu leak, so the surprise factor is gone for me. I just want for them to reveal the release date of the 3DS version and that's all.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman

Thanks, so I assume you like One Piece? :grin:

EDIT: wow, this thread has gotten over 1000 views and over 70 replies, how awesome :)

Last edited:

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
Ok, the results are in as the poll has closed. As you can obviously see, majority of people voted for option 10. So I can conclude that most people are overly hyped, just like me!! Thank you all for participating. Not much longer to go, only about a day left now. Cant wait!!! :grin:

D

Deleted member

Probably 5/10?
Don't get me wrong! I'm totally hyped for Smash 4! But... I'm also scared to see what news is in store for us! So, I'm trying to not hype myself too much.

Top Bottom