• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how goods my mario?

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
That luigi wasn't very good, not compared to you anyways. Had you fought an opponent more leveled with you then my evaluation might be more accuate, but here I go...

Don't do the whole ppk combo, there's so much you can link up with the first punch that'd deal much more dmg. Jab-dsmash, jab-utilt, and jab-grab would all lead into either more dmg or a combo. Normally luigi is floaty enough to get out of mario's combos, but I'm sure you could've pulled a few uair combos off on this guy from a grab or utilt.

Try not to fair off the edge so much trying to spike(meteor, I really don't care) luigi to death, it's risky for if a professional wanted to edgeguard you right there. You'd have a lot more control going for a bair or nair instead, or just grabbing the ledge and waiting for him.

I can't really think of much else than just to practice, your mario has much potential. Grats for winning the match =P

-PM-

Smash Ace
lol the spike was me messing around and that luigi doesnt really play much i kinda teach him and i normally wouldnt ppk but i was being sloppy that game

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Ah, I see. You should post up another one so that I can be a little more accurate and see what your mario can really do =P

-PM-

Smash Ace
hmm i have a few with my other friend and his falco but he destorys me so hard its almost not worth it lol ill just try to get one where me and my friend thats luigi steps up his **** lol

mario-man

Smash Lord
Well, it's a good thing that you switched from doc. I watched your other one as Doc and your Mario is alot better. You're almost as good as me.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
work on moving faster( shffling faster and wavedash on platforms just to confuse)

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
I thought you were pretty good Im not quite sure what Matador is talking. It's easy to counter a punch grab or punch smash like he was saying, Marios ppk combo works great by itself to link smashes or grabs because it's so fast. Anyways the only thing I saw was that you should cape Luigi's recovery it's great...

Gea

Smash Master
WTF? SHFFL YOUR AERIALS MAN! You used like one bair that entire match. No progression of moves... AWGRSJKG. Sorry. Just people being like, "Oh, not much to work on."

You have plenty to work on. First off: misuse of fairs. Fairs should NOT be used on an airborne opponent except for candy meteor KOs. (Which means you're just showboating or the rare SURPRISE GWAHAHAHA) It SHOULD be used as a launcher on grounded opponents to lead into utilt/uair combos.

Matador is right about the punches. It should be automatic to do jab -> dsmash or jab -> grab. Or jab, jab -> dsmash/grab. Learn to JC your grabs. All of them. Without fail. Luigi is pretty slow in the air, we should have seen some "abusing his whiffs" with fsmash goin on. Gotta work on your spacing for that.

BAIR **** YOU BAIR! Bair is a wonderful aerial that serves as offense and defense... Never use dtilt. DAIR **** YOU DAIR! Fulljump some dairs into other aerials. Works great. Fulljump dair -> bair and whatnot.

At low %s follow up nairs with dsmashes. Apply more pressure to him.

When getting up from the ledge learn to ledgedash or at least uair or something. Fair from the edge almost always sucks.

-PM-

Smash Ace
WTF? SHFFL YOUR AERIALS MAN! You used like one bair that entire match. No progression of moves... AWGRSJKG. Sorry. Just people being like, "Oh, not much to work on."

You have plenty to work on. First off: misuse of fairs. Fairs should NOT be used on an airborne opponent except for candy meteor KOs. (Which means you're just showboating or the rare SURPRISE GWAHAHAHA) It SHOULD be used as a launcher on grounded opponents to lead into utilt/uair combos.

Matador is right about the punches. It should be automatic to do jab -> dsmash or jab -> grab. Or jab, jab -> dsmash/grab. Learn to JC your grabs. All of them. Without fail. Luigi is pretty slow in the air, we should have seen some "abusing his whiffs" with fsmash goin on. Gotta work on your spacing for that.

BAIR **** YOU BAIR! Bair is a wonderful aerial that serves as offense and defense... Never use dtilt. DAIR **** YOU DAIR! Fulljump some dairs into other aerials. Works great. Fulljump dair -> bair and whatnot.

At low %s follow up nairs with dsmashes. Apply more pressure to him.

When getting up from the ledge learn to ledgedash or at least uair or something. Fair from the edge almost always sucks.
GOD ****IT I KNOW ABOUT BAIR'IN LOL

and yes i will admit i like meteoring my friend because hes noob lol and i have a big ego so i go for it alot lol

and about the jab thing i fixed that but whats better grabing or dsmashing because at low % i normally grab and dthrow then utilt then go into a uair combo?

and yess i SHBAWD and SHFFL alot more now i actually need to post a new vid up cause this is out of date

Top Bottom