• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How good is the Wii U Pro Controller Joystick?

Toonfish

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm unsure where to put this, but I hope it'll be somewhat fitting here.

In preparation for SSB Wii U, I was thinking about what controller to use. In Brawl I used the wiimote + nunchuck (used D-pad as C-stick substitute) and I really loved how the nunchuck joystick felt. I also own the classic controller but its joysticks feels really floaty and not nearly as snappy and responsive as the nunchuck's joystick.

Now my question is, does the Wii U Pro controller joystick feel like the nunchuck joystick or more like the one from the classic controller?

(PS: Is it easy to SH with the little blue Gamecube controller shoulder button? I absolutely can't use my thumb for jumping and c-sticking at the same time.)

Last edited:

jsmoe

Smash Cadet
NNID
jsmoe495
Think of the pro classic controller in a different shell. The buttons are more snappy but the joystick is about the same (I feel a little more resistance on the Wii u pro but that may just be me)

Toonfish

Smash Rookie
Alright, thanks for the help :D

Anyone tried shorthopping with the little blue shoulder button on the gamecube controller yet?

Top Bottom