• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How good is PAL Sheik compared to NTSC?

CheeZPoofs

Smash Rookie
NNID
DiddlyKongRacing
3DS FC
1263-7766-9985
I've been practicing with NTSC Melee via homebrew and I really like Sheik, but I'm fairly certain that many tournaments near me run PAL. Are there any major differences between the two versions? Thanks in advance.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
The archetype is the same. Many of shiek's great tools, namely Fair and Ftilt and Nair are intact.
And so PAL Sheik can handle most of anything thrown at her.
The big problem is that she cannot kill floaties as easily since her killpower upwards have been reduced by alot. Tipper Upsmash and strong hit Upair both have weaker knockback and are not reliable tools.

And again vs. floaties she has been nerfed in that her Downthrow sends the opponent at an angle that they can DI so that they cannot be comboed into Fair from grab.

This same angle makes it so tech chasing on reaction is different - reacting and catching DI away + tech away is about as hard as tech in place.

Top Bottom