• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How good is Mango's Falcon?

Bismo Funyuns

Smash Apprentice
Mango's Captain Falcon is undoubtedly his third best character now (We saw Jiggs last at Apex 2014, where it was a ghost of its former self). His Falcon is certainly a treat to see, but the last time we really saw it in a high level tournament was Pound V.5 in 2013, where the only good players he faced were M2K, who bodied the Falcon, and Chillin, who went up 2-0 on it before getting reverse 3-0ed by his Marth. On the other hand, his Falcon has nearly unparalleled offstage audacity and compliments his rushdown style quite well. So, I ask, how well does his Falcon compare to other top Falcons around the world?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Mang0 beat Darkrain a while back, but it was close and I'm not sure if he could do it again today; Darkrain has been focusing on one character, Mang0 has been focusing on 2-3 characters.

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
mang0's falcon is overrated. not by too much though. could see it MAYBE getting top 8 or something at a major

JulioCoolJazz

Smash Rookie
Also note Mango played a lot of Falcon at The Big House 4, though he couldn't beat Armada's Peach on Dreamland with him.

I think his Falcon has the fundamentals and aggression we can see in his other characters but lacks a lot of the tech skill you would find in upcoming Falcon mains today.

Bismo Funyuns

Smash Apprentice
Also note Mango played a lot of Falcon at The Big House 4, though he couldn't beat Armada's Peach on Dreamland with him.

I think his Falcon has the fundamentals and aggression we can see in his other characters but lacks a lot of the tech skill you would find in upcoming Falcon mains today.
I forgot about him using Falcon at TBH4, but he didn't go almost exclusively Falcon like at Pound V.5, so my point still stands.

n0ne

Smash Ace
Has he gone falcon lately? And has he done the ditto vs s2j?

I havent seen his' falcon much. I think like vs darkrain and vs hax at tbh4. I DO remember him being high risk high reward similar to me.

kyaputenfarukon07

Smash Journeyman
He does play like you lol

Except he has this floatiness and timing from when he played jiggs

which makes his spacing look so godly

there are some ditto matches from 2009 -2012 on youtube vs s2j

I recall there is ditto matchup vs hax years ago (apex 2010 or no johns ?)

Melee fc 2012 for vs darkrain

Bismo Funyuns

Smash Apprentice
Mang0 is also the man responsible for discovering Falcon's best approach option: walk-up charged down-smash. I predict that it will become standard by 2016.

DraculaSb

Smash Cadet
Mango's Captain Falcon is undoubtedly his third best character now (We saw Jiggs last at Apex 2014, where it was a ghost of its former self). His Falcon is certainly a treat to see, but the last time we really saw it in a high level tournament was Pound V.5 in 2013, where the only good players he faced were M2K, who bodied the Falcon, and Chillin, who went up 2-0 on it before getting reverse 3-0ed by his Marth. On the other hand, his Falcon has nearly unparalleled offstage audacity and compliments his rushdown style quite well. So, I ask, how well does his Falcon compare to other top Falcons around the world?
Your signature is the best!!!!!!!

Hahaae

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hahaae
I think that Mango's Falcon has the most potential of the Falcons, despite his outdated movement and tech skill.

Don't forget that he almost beat M2K's Sheik and had close matches with HBox at STR. He's been practicing Falcon a lot more lately, where it was almost never practice in recent years. Scar also said he destroyed Hax in a MM at Evo 2014 with Falcon. In General though, it's Mango. He has godly spacing, extremely solid fundamentals and can perform well with basically anyone because of it.

Also the Puff isn't as rusty as it seemed. He busted it out on stream last year and repeatedly destroyed Lucky's Fox.

Hahaae

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hahaae
True, but it was also out of practice and Mango doesn't chaingrab. Wizzy also got beat by M2K's Falcon, who gave him a stronger dose of his own medicine.

AJawesome07

Smash Apprentice
A single match is not quantifiable data. Yes, Wizzrobe may have beaten him then, but historically, there is mountains of evidence to support the fact that Mango's falcon is better.

kyaputenfarukon07

Smash Journeyman
The falcon ditto netural by wizzy is how you play to win lol.

If you dont care about anything else but winning thats how you do it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom