• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How good can a Falcon get?

DarkJosh

Smash Cadet
Im just wondering, since Captain Falcon is one of those "Steriotypically easy" characters, how good is a "mastered" falcon?

Most of the falcons I play against are very easy since they do almost nothing but try and grab you. So whats a smart Falcon like?

dandeto

Smash Apprentice
Questions go in the Q&A thread, thanks.
If you look on the Falcon boards they are all questions.

Dark Josh: when you fight a smart falcon, the match usually ends in about one minute. His attacks are so powerful you can get a nice and easy zero to death on someone pretty easily. also, he has three meteor smashes. You will die with 2 spikes in a row at zero damage, if he shows his moves.

No one plays Captain Falcon at a tournament level, because he is so stereotypically easy. That's just my opinion I guess.
He is hard to master though. short-hop u-air is all it takes to combo you. He is very good at air dodge punishing, because his moves are so powerful (such as knee of Justice).

All in all, a smart falcon will get you off the stage to spike you, or combo you, and hit you with a manly pose, powerful justice- inflicting knee... and some awesomeness.

A smart falcon shows his moves.

:4falcon: "YESZ!"

Lionman

Smash Champion
Well, i won a national tournament using Falcon so i can talk.

When you play falcon in a tournament level you have to play him like a speedrun TAS game, you have to watch everything your oponent does and make the perfect response everytime, obv nobody is perfect and you can get rekt if you fail a punish, you can end fast an average player but you have to play very def an patient against top oponents because they will no miss any chance to hit you.

You have to master every move you have, up b for example can be used to gimp sometime, matering teching is important too, you have to learn a lot of match ups because there are a lot of characters that can punish Falcon easy.

Sometimes i find Falcon very stressful because you cant never play "safe" if you want to win you have to risk a little to hit your oponents, you can suffer against some characters because this, for example, Ganondorf can punish you SO hard if you do a little mistake when engaging.

BTW i think Falcon is right one of the best characters in the game.

Last edited:

Johnny Heart Gold

Smash Journeyman
If you look on the Falcon boards they are all questions.

No one plays Captain Falcon at a tournament level, because he is so stereotypically easy. That's just my opinion I guess.
"
Diddy Kong... I've started to use Falcon like a week a go and Damn!!!! he is wonderful, I haven't lose a match yet (For Glory only) I used him first to see how good my opponent is, If I win by far I leave and look another player, If I win but just like a normal win, not with a lot of advantage I stay and if is a guy that use the same character over and over I change, to my mains Mario/Sonic but only if that guy is pretty good, and yeah I don't use falcon twice on the same payer, otherwise I'll already loose but he is pretty good, up tillt is wonderful to spike people, a lot of guys don't see it coming maybe because they wait for the falcon punch or a smash attack, I'm not a freaking master but falcon is pretty good, but not OP

Smash Ace
If you face a master at Falcon, the game ends in about one minute, him completely owning you. On the other hand, when you see a noob Falcon, he usually spams Raptor Boost which you easily punish.

Chud

Smash Rookie
NNID
A3R0dynamic
Falcon favors people who aren't afraid to take damage and go for risky moves. The comeback potential with this character (assisted by the rage effect) is fascinating.

Smash Ace
Falcon favors people who aren't afraid to take damage and go for risky moves. The comeback potential with this character (assisted by the rage effect) is fascinating.
I agree. At the start of a battle i accidentally suicided, but then i made an EPIC comeback. I was at 180% and KOed my opponent!

Buddy002

Smash Cadet
First off, a good Falcon has to know when to go for a risk and when not to. It can be REALLY tempting to be super flashy, but try not to do this too much. (at least in a tournament setting) In for glory tho, go for it! :)

HAHAHA

Banned via Warnings
First off, a good Falcon has to know when to go for a risk and when not to. It can be REALLY tempting to be super flashy, but try not to do this too much. (at least in a tournament setting) In for glory tho, go for it! :)
I completely agree

Top Bottom