• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Falcon will do against the Newcomers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
I was just thinking about this earlier today, but how do you think our good Captain will do against the newest additions to the Smash family!?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I think characters liek Little Mac will give Captain Falcon the most trouble, due to the fact that Little Mac can counter his moves, his Jolt Haymaker makes it easier to close the gap between him and Falcon, and his moves are devastating to say the least.

Captain Falcon players will have to keep Little Mac players in the air to gain the edge.

Hong

The Strongest
A lot of the newcomers are slow and unwieldy. Against Robin, Palutena and Rosalina, I think Falcon will be fine after he gets in.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Falcon has already beaten them all. They lost before they even started fighting.

Little Mac? He used to be a normal sized, and impressive, boxer. Then Falcon daired him square in the cranium and pancaked him into a smaller form.

Greninja? He used to be a real ninja and not a frog pokemon, but then Falcon took off his helmet and his piercing eyes turned Greninja into his cursed new form that only Falcon can reverse. And he won't.

Rosalina and Luma? They used to be Rosalina and LumaS. As in, a whole race. But the Captain can't resist a little genocide.

Mega Man? Used to be called SUPER Mega Man. But his humiliation at the hands of Falcon downgraded him and demoted him to just Mega. And only because Falcon held back. If he hadn't, he'd just be called Man. Or Dead Man.

We already know what happened to Robin and Lucina.

Villager? Used to be mayor. But he was demoted when the Captain came to town.

Wii Fit Trainer? She suffered irreversible damage from her encounter with Falcon. As a result, she now dedicates her life to yoga to help her therapeutically recover (not that it will ever happen). She also trains others in it to help them recover from Falcon-related injury.

Palutena? Wanna guess what happened after she faced Link in her trailer? Yep. :4falcon:

Mii Fighters? The Captain hasn't even wasted his time. He intimidated them right out of online play and restricted them to the minor leagues of local play. They dare not even attempt to get on Falcon's level.

Pac-Man? Used to Super Pac-Man. But see Mega Man above.

The Captain is in no danger.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Great against most. He'll definitely be able to close the gap between Rosa and Luma with his good speed. If his knee is back to his Melee style, then no need to fear. Up throw ought to keep Mac at bay. Megaman might be a bit of trouble, but like Rosalina and Luma, Falcon just needs to close in the distance and do his magic. And maybe gimp Megaman's recovery.

D

Deleted member

I think he'll beat Lucina seeing as he made her go deaf in her ear that was next to his fast punch :troll: In all seriousness, he should be able to beat Little Mac since he has solid aerials, can keep up on the ground, and Little Mac can't edgegrab due to the new ledge mechanics, so Falcon's Up B won't be so easy to stop.

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979
Falcon will reck them all as he always has. (Brawl never happened :))

Last edited:

Ninten.M1

Smash Cadet
NNID
NintenAlt
I don't really see any threat unless you aren't that good with Captain Falcon.
Probably Rosalina is the only character that poses a threat to the majority of the roster, and Shulk, too. Him being able to buff specific things in his moveset like speed, knockback, etc will give Falcon a hard time.

Burruni

Smash Hero
:4villager: and :4megaman: will be the same basic set up that happened against :4fox: or :falco:. Just try to keep close so they can't harass too aggressively with projectiles.

:4wiifit: to me honestly shares a LOT of similarities to :4samus:. A mild side b harass projectile, a powerful charge B shot, a VERY vertical recovery, and a lot of rush in combos.

:rosalina: will be a matter of trying to overcome her capability to zone safely with Luma. One of the harder match ups.

:4littlemac: will revolve around trying to win the neutral game and move into air games and edge guarding. A steep cliff with strong reward.

:4greninja: will be a very hit-and-run fighter with a lot of dodging options. This game will be like playing with :ganondorfmelee:. Just land a few strong clean hits in exchange for a flurry of taps. Possibly the hardest base challenge.

:4mii:... we've seen so little gameplay it's impossible to tell.

:4palutena: we've seen her specials but not much else.

:4pacman: same as Palutena.

:4lucina: is a swift, aerial based :4marth:. It's a derivative of the same match-up. Like :foxmelee: and :falcomelee:'s differences.

:4robinm::4robinf: is someone who appears to be a very burst-reliant comboer. It seems like fighting them in the air may be the best option, their recovery is very vertical.

:substitute: Shulk: The most difficult overall match up because of how his stat changes can really fair well in the hands of someone who really knows the character. By himself... he is going to be namely about countering approaches instead of being aggressive, from what we saw. Try to play defensive.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Against Rosalina, I don't think Captain Falcon will be able to handle her all that well. Because his approach options are unsafe, Captain Falcon can't really approach Rosalina without getting punished by her attack options; even the Luma can be used to mess up Captain Falcon. And to add insult to injury, most of Captain Falcon's attacks only deliver one strong hit, instead of multiple weak hits; this basically means that simply blocking Captain Falcon's attacks can potentially lead to him getting punished right back.

Of course, Captain Falcon's biggest issue would be his recovery, since Falcon Dive may end up being ineffective against the Luma; Falcon Dive grabs opponents, and it appears that the Luma can't be affected by grab moves. In that scenario, Rosalina can just use the Luma to edge-guard Captain Falcon, and it'll be curtains for him.

Sure, Captain Falcon may be a very mobile character, but his slow attack speed and unsafe approaches are probably going to be his downfall against Rosalina, especially when she fights defensively.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Realistically everything about Falcon is unknown because we really don't know what mechanics & elements remained akin to his move-set & any differences we know of, because well everything about his attacks are un-confirmed.

All we know of right now about Falcon is that most of his move-set seems visually unchanged. That is all.

I still think the way Falcon plays to be a rush-down bruiser, he'll handle any newcomer that lacks defensive game quite well. All it takes is to get in close & stay close to have the edge.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
In my experience, Cap's at his best when he's up close and personal with his opponents. His lack of range is a dangerous gambit against certain foes, particularly those that rely on ranged play and can keep him at a safe distance. I'm not competitively or technically minded, so I'm just talking based on my own gameplay habits, but I think it'll be a case of "hit 'em hard and fast or go home".

Little Mac should be a fun opponent. He seems to take Cap's "lightning bruiser" fighting style to the logical extreme - pit the two of them together and it'll really come down to the old brass tacks.

I'd also like to see him paired up against Palutena, for that matter. If she used her ranged strikes and counter to scupper his primary skill focus, it could leave the good Falcon well and truly clipped and plucked.

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Rosalina is probably going to give the cap the most challenge out of the newcomers in my opinion.
Puppeteer characters play the most complex keepaway game in most fighters, so farukon might have a lot of trouble getting in and causing any real damage.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It's too early to assume anything, though I am hopeful his tone/size increase means he came to win this time.

Most likely going to be a game of keepaway with all characters, bar obviously Lil Mac.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Him versus newcomers like Megaman and Rosalina who have uniqe movesets would be interesting. It'd also be cool to have him go against the Wii Fit Trainer, since both are probably very agile. Little Mac may be fair opponent against the Falcon. However, if I were Falcon, I'd be careful using that Falcon Punch on Shulk...
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Falcon's slow attack speed can be exploited by those with counters...near every newcomer.

If he keeps an air game against Little Mac, he could emerge victorious with air Falcon Punches.

Lucina looks to be as agile as him, don't believe that trailer :p

Rosalina, with her Luma and fantastic mobility, could out-gambit Falcon in the air.

Robin could keep Falcon out easily with spells. Helps that he managed to surprise Falcon in the trailer :seuss:

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
He will do fine. As long as he has less landing lagged and buffed aerials, it will be interesting.
A good Mega Man could potentially be trouble with all the projectiles, but it would be over once he got in and up close.
Rosalina is fairly slow and lightweight. She plays the distance game also, but without Luma, she will be in trouble.
I think Lucina will be a potential problem with the auto-cancelled Nair and other aerial based moves. Should be interesting.
Villager may or may not be a problem depending on how much the opponent uses the Bair and Fair.
Finally, Little mac won't be much trouble. Assuming Falcon still retains his Spike, and knowing Spiking grounded opponents bounces them int the air, I think then comboing into either an Uair or the Knee will be devastating.

All Falcon really needs at the end of the day are buffed aerials, and that most importantly includes less landing lag animation.
Just my two cents. We need more gameplay first. :bluejump:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's too soon to speculate how well Captain Falcon will fare against the newcomers in the game but if I have to guess, then perhaps Rosalina and Luma will be a huge threat to him.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I think characters liek Little Mac will give Captain Falcon the most trouble, due to the fact that Little Mac can counter his moves, his Jolt Haymaker makes it easier to close the gap between him and Falcon, and his moves are devastating to say the least.

Captain Falcon players will have to keep Little Mac players in the air to gain the edge.
Hard to say. I feel like vs Little Mac actually seems like a skill matchup given both have a lot of ground mobility. Main difference between the characters is Mac clearly excels at ground pressure, while Falcon has more useful aerials.

Last edited:

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
I do believe that spot is held by Lil' Mac now I'm afraid.
But Captain Falcon should be faster, as being a bounty hunter should take more training than boxing. Plus, he's a racing character.
(I probably shouldn't bring logic into this)

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I'm fairly confident in something now.

Captain Falcon's ground game got a lot better, & his aerials look a lot more promising. Sure his horizontal mobility after running isn't Melee status to be a chasing bruiser that's intimidating to watch, BUT. His F-smash. . . .his F-smash is so dis-jointed I'm applaud to say his ground game can put newcomers in check.:4falcon:

slimjim

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FS-slimjim
3DS FC
4296-3887-2717
He'll be fine. He has auto-canceled 1st-hit nair into jab to grab. Already confrimed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom