• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does the wii connect online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuro

Smash Lord
Does it use an adapter that you have to purchase seperatly? I am just wondering because I plan to buy a DS but I will only get it if it uses the same adapter to go online that the wii does. Actually, I'm not even sure if you need an adapter to go online with the wii. Can someone clearify this? What other games except for brawl will be online for the wii? Metroid?

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
I have a DS and to connect online with a DS you can either use:

A router
A Nintendo issued Router (mus tbe bought online)
Or a nitnendo Wifi Usb connector (This is what I have)

The USB connector just plugs into your computers USB port and your good to go (After coniguring some things on your DS and installing)

The USB be also works with the Wii (I have conncted to the internet on the Wii to cnofirm)
So yes if you buy the USB conenctor it will work with both DS and Wii.

the only real use for the interne ton the Wii is the Internet channel anyway =/.

Goetz

Smash Rookie
Getting a wireless router is better if you know what you're doing. They don't cost much more than the USB Wi-Fi dongle, have better range, and can be used for anything that has wireless 802.11b/g built into it (read: laptops). But they can be a pain in the *** to set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom