• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does the popgun work?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'm not asking about the peanut items, I'm asking about how the popgun attack works.

Can you run and gun at the same time? Or can I use it like Falco in SSBM and 'Short Hop Pop Gun' everywhere.

I understand from what I've read that it is chargeable, but I haven't been able to watch any videos due to lack of teh bandwidth (Like, really bad).

Can someone clear this up for me? The popgun seems like his most interesting asset, and being abkle to SHL with Falco is what made me main him in the first place.

amished

Smash Cadet
From what I understand, it is chargeable, like you said, and it's a lot like Fox's/Falco's lasers. However, landing doesn't cancel the "put-away" lag, so short-hopping will do nothing for firing faster, just for shooting a bit higher. Also, I think you get damaged if you hold the charge too long and don't fire. This isn't official, but I'm pretty sure that's the way it works.

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
Yea, i am pretty sure you get hurt for an overcharge.And then there's (a) peanut(s) that comes out for restoration. Your gun should come back after a while, I hope. Fox's Blaster should overheat or be limited to one damage a hit.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
He just seems like an odd character to have a chargeable projectile on.

So it's pretty much like using Samus's neutral b in melee?

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
He just seems like an odd character to have a chargeable projectile on.

So it's pretty much like using Samus's neutral b in melee?
I guess you could say that except for three things:

1) The shot peanut shell isn't bigger the longer it's charged.

2) If you charge it up too long, the popgun explodes (I'm pretty sure it'll be usable again a little bit after the explosion).

3) You can't keep a charged peanut in storage (like with Samus's Charge Shot, Sheik's needles, etc).

I didn't watch any of the demo videos, so some of this stuff might happen, and some might not.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

N1c2k3

Smash Lord

2) If you charge it up too long, the popgun explodes (I'm pretty sure it'll be usable again a little bit after the explosion).

3) You can't keep a charged peanut in storage (like with Samus's Charge Shot, Sheik's needles, etc).

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
only slight correction is you can use it again immediately after it explodes. Other than that, spot on...

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
So, does the explosion do damage? I haven't seen anyone clarify that.

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
yea i believe the explosion is simliar to roys charge from melee by waiting to long u cause ur self damage

Rajun Cajun

Smash Rookie
It also fires more level when you charge it. Without charge I believe is has a slight upward angle and downward arc.

Right?

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord

I didn't watch any of the demo videos, so some of this stuff might happen, and some might not.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
Plus, I believe you can charge with diddy in the air, unlike samus.

Top Bottom