• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does side b work?

Grie

Smash Apprentice
I just want know how the hitboxes work because sometimes it spikes while other times it just kills.

TheGamingMammoth

Smash Rookie
It has sort of a sweet spot, if the end of it hits perfectly. It spikes, if it barely hits in the center it just hits sideways

Grie

Smash Apprentice
Thanks! I see players doing dthrow to side b. Do you have to angle it and at what percent does it connect? I know it’s more fore styling than anything else but I’m thinking about it none the less

MeLON17

Smash Rookie
Thanks! I see players doing dthrow to side b. Do you have to angle it and at what percent does it connect? I know it’s more fore styling than anything else but I’m thinking about it none the less
Its very percent specific but u can also angle the sibe b up or down so when u use the dthrow side b combo u should usually angle it down
Hope i made sense

Grie

Smash Apprentice
Got it. I think I’m gonna find those percents myself from now on. Wolf is currently my favourite spacie (even tho he plays more like a sword character) outside of is recovery being pretty linear he’s really fun. Glad to have him back.

TheGamingMammoth

Smash Rookie
Got it. I think I’m gonna find those percents myself from now on. Wolf is currently my favourite spacie (even tho he plays more like a sword character) outside of is recovery being pretty linear he’s really fun. Glad to have him back.
It combos from 65-80%, 65% for lightweight characters and guarantees spike. 70% knocks them sideways most of the time

Top Bottom