• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does one turn around mid-glide as Charizard?

Nomzr

Smash Apprentice
I see it being done in pro-games and in a tutorial, but it isn't exactly clear. I'd post a link to the video but I need 10 points x-x.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
you cant turn around and then continue gliding. but you can cancel your glide by pressing the jump button. in order to turn around mid glide, just hold in the opposite direction, and hit jump. if you want to add a boost of momentum to that (such that you gain some momentum in the opposite direction, like youve probably seen in videos), tap the jump button during the glide, and then directly afterwards, hit the control stick in the opposite direction. the difference there is that you need to input the opposite direction AFTER you cancel the glide with the jump button. it must be done afterwards, and pretty quickly afterwards, although its really not a hard tech to do. same concept as b reversing.

QuincyJones

Smash Rookie
For the purposes of this move, the y button acts as the b button. In order to turn it around, you hold the other direction and press B. To reverse your momentum, you press B and and then flick the stick behind you within 3 frames of pressing B. To turn reverse your momentum facing the same way(wavebounce) you hold behind you, press b and let the stick reset to neutral, and flick the stick back behind you within 3 frames of pressing the B button.

2Hands

Smash Rookie
I had no idea this was possible. Thanks for the education
you cant turn around and then continue gliding. but you can cancel your glide by pressing the jump button. in order to turn around mid glide, just hold in the opposite direction, and hit jump. if you want to add a boost of momentum to that (such that you gain some momentum in the opposite direction, like youve probably seen in videos), tap the jump button during the glide, and then directly afterwards, hit the control stick in the opposite direction. the difference there is that you need to input the opposite direction AFTER you cancel the glide with the jump button. it must be done afterwards, and pretty quickly afterwards, although its really not a hard tech to do. same concept as b reversing.

Top Bottom