• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does one start a Brawl scene?

Life

Smash Hero
Perhaps this would be better in Tournament Discussion or one of the AtlNorth boards. IDK.

The deal is, my local area (western PA) has (virtually) no competitive Brawl events (
stealth hyping /HOPE 2
). For obvious reasons I wanna get something regular started. Problem is, I don't know how to go about it.

We apparently have Melee weeklies but I don't know any of the people who go to them. And I suck at Melee anyways (somewhat more than I do Brawl).

I know of one potential venue, but the guy who runs it seems reluctant to do any Smash events. (He had one back in 08 to celebrate the game's release. When I brought up the idea of holding another one [it's a TCG/hobby shop btw], pretty much everyone else in the store was interested. I figured economics would do the job from there, but...)

We have /HOPE every six months, so I figure this area should step it up and, well, stop filling pots and start emptying them, y'know? Except we're not even filling the pots because we don't exist. <.<

Sooooooo what can I do to get people playing competitive Brawl?

Top Bottom