• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does one deal with a platform camping jigglypuff?

Bibli_Blek

Smash Rookie
The latest threat to my success in this particular video game comes from a certain jigglypuff player who, after attaining any kind of lead at all, will jump around and camp with aerials. I don't mean to sound conceited, but I am a very intelligent player, and I've tried everything I can. Counting jumps, playing on the platforms. I get hits in, but most of the time they are simply due to a mistake my opponent made that could've been easily avoided. Once this vicious cycle starts, is there anything that can be done? Or do I have no other option than staying in the lead for the entire game? Once again, I can't catch him out of his landing. I just can't. There's always somewhere for him to run, and all of his moves beat any of mine.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Puff deals little damage, you do a ton of damage, just trade and it will be in your favor. CCing her low % game can be good too to get hits in. If shes forced to mainly use backair, dont give it too much respect and go for long lasting aerials that will trade.

Puffs gameplan often revolves at getting you to shield, and punish the way out of it, so stay unpredictable, and dont get stuck in it too often.

タオー

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1146-8863
I could see using WD utilt to get under Puff. Maybe desync, have one throw out an aerial (like nair) and the other does either dash attack or fsmash.

Concerning your statement that Puff's moves beat your own, they only beat your own in a certain context. Sure, they may be able to come out quicker than your own, but you have two characters, and one can act as a meat shield so you can respond with your own move. If you want to do some crazy pressure desync and do an uair and an utilt when they're on platform above you. If they try and shield drop they'll get stuffed and then you can do work. IC's have so many options on the offense, many of which don't ever get discussed.

LDSenpai

Self loathing ICs Player
Use your disjoints to your advantage, predicts where the puff is going to go, don't be afraid to trade and keep your own movement fast and unpredictable.

Top Bottom