• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does Lucina's counter really work?

foxyopiumfun

Smash Cadet
Online on the 3ds I've had a couple matches where there's a half second delay till she does the counter but is there a window during the move that allows her to still get hit and not counter? I've had matches where I've been juggled in the air or I'm falling down expecting a move to hit me so I counter but I always seem to get hit. Sometimes I can't tell if it's the lag or there's a 1/4 sec window where you can get hit. Or maybe while falling after being hit you can't counter? Please help.

IzE

Smash Cadet
You are slightly vulnerable when activating counter. Your active frames last a limited amount of time during the animation before you become vulnerable again. Brawl Marth counter lasted 59 frames, with frames 4-27 being the active window to perform a successful counter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnbn1zDWEac

I am unaware of current counter frames for Lucina/Marth, but using your example of lag then its understandable why your counter is being snuffed out. At half a second delay you are losing 30 frames before the game registers your counter, which would be longer than the actual active window from the previous game.

Moves that can't be countered are the KO punch.
Brawl you are able to counter swallow; Smash 4 no idea.

Last edited:
Top Bottom