• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does Links Fsmash work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
So I've been playing as link a lot in the demo and he is by far the funnest character in my opinion, but one thing has been bothering me. His Fsmash
Sometimes when I use his Fsmash, The first hit will send them flying as if it was the 2nd hit. Sometimes it just pops them in the air slightly and allows me to combo into second part of the Fsmash. Then there are times when I will use Fsmash and the first hit will pop them really high, or high enough so that the 2nd hit doesn't connect even though the first part hit.
But can someone explain to me how his Fsmash works?

Last edited:

Loachy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Loachy
3DS FC
3780-9091-2349
I think the first hit is stronger around the tip of the sword like in Brawl, but unlike Brawl, hitting nearer to the hilt pops opponents up, setting them up for the second hit that's stronger near the blade center.
But unlike Toon Link's f-smash, the first hit's "sourspot" still has knockback growth so if you and/or your opponent is at high percent, the second may not connect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom