• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Does King Dedede's Hammer Work

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
I am a bit confused on King Dedede's Down Special... I was wondering weather the hammer will do damage to yourself AFTER the hammer is fired. Or will you rack up your own damage while you are charging up the Jet hammer?
!Thanks!

~Layupfreak~
:confused:

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Pretty sure it means that after you charge it alot, that when you get attacked by people they do more to you.

Im curious what the whole no set charge like DK/Samus is. Like if you can move around after spinning it a few times like jump around, move, fight like normal until you can unleash the bow.

It says you cant save the charge, but that you can walk around with it. Im kind of confused.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pretty sure it means that after you charge it alot, that when you get attacked by people they do more to you.

Im curious what the whole no set charge like DK/Samus is. Like if you can move around after spinning it a few times like jump around, move, fight like normal until you can unleash the bow.

It says you cant save the charge, but that you can walk around with it. Im kind of confused.
I don't think he can attack while charging the hammer, mostly because he attacks WITH his hammer

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
I didnt say attack while charging it, I said after..

like if its DK punch like, where you can attack like normal then punch

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didnt say attack while charging it, I said after..

like if its DK punch like, where you can attack like normal then punch
I got the impression it worked like Marth's sword, but in hammer form.

Where he automatically attacks after charging when you let go of the button

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Yeah that makes sense but then Sakurai says you can walk around with it, I guess if you hold B and diagonally down you could walk then unleash it like Marths?

I wonder if you can jump while walking with it...

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
maybe by charging it alot it will be similar to when you max out roy's B move and while you can still damage with it it does a decent amount to yourself

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman

It doesnt say that you can't save the charge.. it only says that you can't save the charge by pressing the shield button.

from the dojo website: If you hold down the Control Stick and the special-move button simultaneously, you can charge up his hammer. And you can unleash it in one blow!

You can even walk around with it charged up, but you can’t save the charge by pressing the shield button.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Man, Im confused. So how do you think itll work?

It says your own damage is increased, not that there is an explosion that hurts you. So I think it just means opponents will do more percent to you if you charge it up enough.

I just hope its useable in King Dededes game. Like how DK Punch and Samus's Charge shot are great for them, I want Dedede to have an awesome chargeable kill move. When you get a kill, charge it up for the the next one. :)

EToaster

Smash Apprentice
I think it's like Roy's special where at max charge, he'll damage himself some. Also, I don't think you can save the charge, but while he's charging it, he can still move around and jump, albiet slower and shorter than usual most likely.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I think it should be like DK's Giant Punch, you can't carry it forever. When it's fully charged, the hammer should be closed and there should be flames leaking out if the ridges where the hammer opens.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
I think it should be like DK's Giant Punch, you can't carry it forever. When it's fully charged, the hammer should be closed and there should be flames leaking out if the ridges where the hammer opens.
But you can carry DK's giant punch forever? Not sure what you mean

I dont know if well be able to save the charge since Sakurai says cant save it by pressing the shield like DK/Samus's, but it dosent say if you can save it regularly. I hope its saveable unlike Marths

startoonhero

Smash Apprentice
im guessing itll be like this
u notice by his stance when hes charging it?
im assuming u can walk while in that stance, simliar to how
kirby can walk while holding the flame sword up in kirby 64 crystal shards?
when u push up while hes flame sword kirby. u can walk left to right while holding it up
im assuming king dedede will do the same, and when u release B he'll smash anyone in the way :)

edit: king dedede will do the same walking stance wise.. u wont be pushing up to do that LOL

Banned via Administration
you press downb to start charging and hold b to continue charging it. you cannot save it but you can walk (and maybe jump) while charging it by continuing to hold b. release b to attack. gg.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
But you can carry DK's giant punch forever? Not sure what you mean

I dont know if well be able to save the charge since Sakurai says cant save it by pressing the shield like DK/Samus's, but it dosent say if you can save it regularly. I hope its saveable unlike Marths
I said you can't. Remember, if he got hit too many times, he'd lose it.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
you press downb to start charging and hold b to continue charging it. you cannot save it but you can walk (and maybe jump) while charging it by continuing to hold b. release b to attack. gg.
sounds good to me... cant be sure just yet thats how it works, but thatd be cool. I want to be able to walk and jump.

Top Bottom