• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does her recovery work?

CoolPalMitch

Smash Cadet
NNID
mitchgamelover
Basically hold backward when you use your Up B. The tricky part is you have to do it JUST before the move actually starts or else you'll just fly in the opposite direction

Ritronaut

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, basically you need to use up B, and when shes in her start of up B animation or possibly before, you quickly rotate it to the direction opposite of where you're facing. A cool trick I like to do is to use up B then instead of quickly releasing up b then pressing the stick to the opposite direction, you can sort of swerve it to the opposite direction of where you're facing which I find to be easier.

KarToon

Smash Rookie
Good question! From my non-expert knowledge, Rosalina's Launch Star has many different angles and trajectories according to what angle you press [Up + B] and then what angle you hold immediately after. From my personal experience, this is what I have gathered, but experts feel free to correct me since I am not sure at all...

Using the number pad for reference with Rosalina facing the Right side of stage (Player 1):

7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3

Input formula is [(First input) + (Second held input)]

[9 or 8 + 5] = Normal Arc towards stage (90 degrees about?)
[9 or 8 + 4] = Straight Up Curving Backwards
[8 + 2] = Straight Up with a tumble at the top (misses the ledgesnap if done from below at wrong distance)
[9 + 1 or 2] = Straight Up Curving Forwards
[9 + 6] = Quick Horizontal Arc Forwards

Note that inputs starting with 7 usually make you launch in the opposite direction. And that is all I know from when I played around with it. Hope this kind of helps? :)

Last edited:

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
It really is tricky.

I'm trying to abuse the underside of the yellow plane in this one online tournament that's allowing all manner of bs stages.

Honestly speaking just snapping to ledges on stages is easy enough with her.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
On few occasions, I SD from a botched Up B.

To answer the question, when I want to go straight up, I tilt the control stick straight up when I launch, and immediately hold back. It really sucks that her Up B has absolutely no hitboxes.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
On few occasions, I SD from a botched Up B.

To answer the question, when I want to go straight up, I tilt the control stick straight up when I launch, and immediately hold back. It really sucks that her Up B has absolutely no hitboxes.
And to add insult to injury, if you go with Launch Star Attack, it has a shorter travel distance, it can't travel straight up, and the move's momentum stops upon ending. Whereas, Launch Star Plus is much faster, but it can only travel straight up.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Press Up B, immediately flick and hold back on the Control Stick. You go straight up that way.

Top Bottom