• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does an Olimar go about countering Wolf?

sly1080

Smash Rookie
it seems impossible!

but seriously i had a lot of trouble playing an Olimar x Wolf match, and i dont know what to do, please help T_T

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I work graveyard shifts giving tech support all night hence why you might notice the majority of my posts at 1am or later... I get a little wierd at the end of my shift.

Fiz

Smash Apprentice
Meh, i'm not really sure about this MU can't really tell , though I don't think it's a counter...

Faolmor

Smash Rookie
The laser spamming is pikmin nightmare :*(, that **** bayonet kills my min

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Olimar's grab is amazing i don't see why you shouldn't use it. FFS the pikmin go through pit's forward b (as in they don't even get hit)

Super_Nostalgic

Smash Apprentice
I don't own the game yet, but from my knowledge of Wolf and Olimar, my best advice is be really aggressive. Don't give him a lot of free time to get the hurt on you. And don't conserve the pikmin. Just spam it, keep the pressure on him. And if he gets to close, Oli's got an absolutely incredible grab! As for the blaster, it really isn't all that fast. If you can get in smash or something in between the shots (which you out range by a good deal I assume) then your fine. any returning pikmin would take the blasts leaving you free to do w/e and get in close to beat the crud out of him.

nevershootme

Smash Master
I did recall when playing against wolf is throw pikmin like crazy (Heck I throw mine directly at the blaster since it's not enough for them to be killed). May also wanna mix up a few neutral A's for the approach.

But always keep a safe distance away from his ground attacks, and maybe a down throw to running Usmash.
and then continue to be aggressive

But that's how i play, since it varies by player.

Fautor Animus

Smash Cadet
I would say keep five pikmin on you, try to not let your current pikmin die by di'ing a mid-air whistle, which should give you a bit of super armor, as well as keep your pikmin alive, from what i've understood, then land, pull one up to stop your momentum, f-smash that mo-*****, and then don't let him land, I guess.

sly1080

Smash Rookie
its not that hard to memorize what they do

red-fire, more damage, average throw
yellow-electricity, fly farther, average damage
blue-more defense, normal throw, normal damage
white-great horizontal range, great throw damage, weak
purple-low range, knockback when thrown, big damage

all off the top of my head

Vayseth

Smash Master
Wolf can reflect the pikmin back at olimar with his reflector, his lazer stops Olimar from throwing pikmin, and his forward smash takes away good shield grabbing. It's easily Olimar's worst match up so far...

Fautor Animus

Smash Cadet
You are going to need to learn extreme mindgames to beat him. Wolf is pretty straight forward, so in order to get the best of him, you need to trick him, and attack from many angles. Confuse the living daylights out of him.

Icekid

Smash Apprentice
Wolf can reflect the pikmin back at olimar with his reflector, his lazer stops Olimar from throwing pikmin, and his forward smash takes away good shield grabbing. It's easily Olimar's worst match up so far...
Wow. If he reflects at any range besides far away it's a free throw. So spam r.b and when he starts to reflect that's a free throw. He can combo wolf very easily and also he can shield grab anything Wolf does. This is not a bad match up at all.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Wolf's forward smash is two hits, and the second hit usually leaves him behind them. Any smart wolf player will spam the hell out of it against olimar since he can't seem to do much about it.

I know you can get around the reflector, but it's the combination of all three moves. Just like you can mix it up, so can the wolf player, and it's almost always in the wolf or, really, any star fox character's advantage.

Top Bottom