• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does a young Falcon main deal with Sheik

ArcNiko

Smash Rookie
I went to Smash 4-ever in Jersey yesterday and got eliminated 2-0 by a Sheik player.
He 2 stocked me each time. I only racked up like percent to the 60-80 percent range in both games, and those were mostly lucky stray hits. He would just toss Fair and that would beat my Nair. If I tried to grab he would just do a SH aerial (mostly Fair)
How does one deal with such an incredibly safe character?

gittyking

Smash Rookie
Don't play falcon against sheik, sorry but it's just a really bad idea. Don't solo main falcon, you can still main him of course but have a secondary top tier for matchups like sheik.

Captain Farukon

Smash Journeyman
Falcon and sheik are pretty even its a fight of who makes less mistakes, do not go after her , lure her and prepare set up if grabbing is too dificult rack dmg in the old fashion way also dont over use the falcon kick to reach her or anything like it

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
Falcon and sheik are pretty even its a fight of who makes less mistakes, do not go after her , lure her and prepare set up if grabbing is too dificult rack dmg in the old fashion way also dont over use the falcon kick to reach her or anything like it
LOL. Please stop spreading misinformation. Sheik forces Falcon to approach with Needle Storm. You have no choice but to go after her.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Don't play falcon against sheik, sorry but it's just a really bad idea. Don't solo main falcon, you can still main him of course but have a secondary top tier for matchups like sheik.
Now that's just not true. Falcon can win vs Sheik. It's not great but it's not that bad. If you use the right options you can really do major damage to Sheik from grabs in the 20s range. Sheik can really put major damage on us as well, and performs better at higher percents than Falcon, but it's not even close to unwinnable.

That said I WOULD recommend having secondaries for some matchups which actually aren't very good for Falcon, or ones where you are forced to play too differently from how you usually do. Sheik's not one of those though if you ask me.

RyeSSB

Smash Cadet
NNID
RyanTheDrummer
3DS FC
3652-0543-2675
This is far from the truth. I solo main Falcon, and I've been able to take games and sets from Sheik mains. Sure, Sheik wins the matchup (probably), but it's very doable. While Sheik has amazing edgeguarding against Falcon and can chain fairs into Falcon easily, Sheik has trouble killing Falcon since he is fairly heavy. Falcon has the potential to kill Sheik as early as around 60%, so rage Sheik is generally not an issue. Also Sheik falls fairly fast, so Falcon can combo her a good bit. Overall, while the matchup is not in Falcon's favor and requires more work than most matchups, it's still very possible for Falcon to win against Sheik.

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
This is far from the truth. I solo main Falcon, and I've been able to take games and sets from Sheik mains. Sure, Sheik wins the matchup (probably), but it's very doable. While Sheik has amazing edgeguarding against Falcon and can chain fairs into Falcon easily, Sheik has trouble killing Falcon since he is fairly heavy. Falcon has the potential to kill Sheik as early as around 60%, so rage Sheik is generally not an issue. Also Sheik falls fairly fast, so Falcon can combo her a good bit. Overall, while the matchup is not in Falcon's favor and requires more work than most matchups, it's still very possible for Falcon to win against Sheik.
Sheik can easily fair Falcon off stage and then gimp him from there.

Lionman

Smash Champion
You press start and then quit the game, thats how you play vs Sheik, then you do other things like combo videos

RyeSSB

Smash Cadet
NNID
RyanTheDrummer
3DS FC
3652-0543-2675
Sheik can easily fair Falcon off stage and then gimp him from there.
I pointed out Sheik's fair combos on Falcon. Also Sheik gimping Falcon would be included in her edgeguarding game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom