• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do YOU want the Super Smash Bros 4 trailer at E3 to be?

Just a quick question, how do you guys all want it? What do you want to see? Newcomers? Veterans? CGI Trailer? Gameplay? Etc?

For me, I basically want to see something similar to Brawl but more epic. A CGI Trailer with some gameplay, showing off both veterans and newcomers.

I would say around 5-6 newcomers and, going off my latest roster, characters I could potentially see are Chrom, Ghirahim, Palutena, Little Mac, Shulk, and Mega-Man.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I want the trailer to focus on the new visuals to blow us away.

As for characters shown, I want a see a few more veterans this time (particularly Ike and Lucario, I'm praying that they don't get the boot.)

Also some details about the "new direction" which Smash is taking.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I mainly want news on gameplay, new features and, of course, newcomer characters.

To think we're less than a week away of the reveal...

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
I want what they did for Brawl. Some CGI, newcomers revealed and shown off with some in game footage. And an unexpected character at the end of the trailer that will make everyone squeal like little girls.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
While I'm gonna guess that it's gonna focus mainly on new features, I'd like for it to take most of its time off to show new characters. While I'm excited for new features and new directions, the core of Smash Bros is and will always be the characters, so I hope it takes as much time to introduce us to the newcomers as Brawl did. Could do that both with a blend of gameplay and cinematics, just like with Brawl.

Heck, Brawl was pretty much the perfect trailer, I seriously wouldn't mind a repeat of that.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
release date, new commers, gameplay, veterns, 3ds gamplay

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I want what they did for Brawl. Some CGI, newcomers revealed and shown off with some in game footage. And an unexpected character at the end of the trailer that will make everyone squeal like little girls.

Honestly, this is exactly what I want, but I want it to be even better. I don't know how, but I do. I'm sure it'll be fine. Sakurai's hyping it, too. Aww yeah. :shades:

Lechteron

Smash Apprentice
Posted this in a different thread:

Scene 1: At first we just see a black screen as orchestrated music plays. From off screen one of Mario's fireballs comes in. It begins as an N64 fireball, it bounces once and becomes it's Melee model, then after a second bounce it's Brawl model, and then it becomes it's SSBB4 model and burns away the background revealing...

Scene 2: Standard opening of Mario and Kirby fighting on the new Battlefield. During the fight Kirby attacks Mario from behind but Mario responds with a new backwards smash where he pulls a Bruce Lee fist sort of thing but Kirby dodges and hits Mario with his new dash special, Mirror. They fight some more and Kirby grabs a smash ball and the flaming aura starts to grow, after a couple seconds of this, there's a burst that pushes Mario back slightly and Kirby performs Crash causing the screen to crack and shatter transitioning to scene 3.

Scene 3: Marth walks down a castle hallway that's lined with torches, he walks past a statue of Roy and then a statue of Ike and the camera pans around to reveal *NEWCOMER! CHROM!* sitting on a throne. Chrom then throws a javelin, seemingly at Marth. The javelin flies past Marth's head and we see it smacked to the ground by a massive scythe. The pair then engage Castlevania's Death in an epic CG fight. During the fight Death pulls his scythe back to slam it down on a prone Chrom only for the Vampire Slayer to wrap around the shaft from off screen and rip the scythe out of Death's hands. From here the camera reveals *NEWCOMER! SIMON BELMONT!* Marth then gives a signal and Simon throws a knife at Death's hand, pinning it to the wall while at the same time Pit appears from above and fires an arrow into Death's other hand, doing much the same. From there Link jumps down from the rafters to impale Death's face while Zelda casts a spell causing light to shine from inside of Death. The camera gets flooded with bright light and when it dims down...

Scene 4: We see an arwing flying through space. "This is Fox calling in to Great Fox. The rift seems to be expanding. Requesting back up." We then see the Great Fox come on screen and through the window we see ROB piloting it. "Affirmative Fox, deploying back up." Falco is seen running down the hangar bay to his arwing followed by *NEWCOMER! KRYSTAL!* when Wolf ambushes Fox who successfully pulls off a barrel roll but in the rift he sees James McCloud defending himself from a blur.

Scene 5: The camera zooms in on the rift to reveal *ALTERNATE CHARACTER (Read costume)! JAMES McCLOUD!* fighting with Sonic on Final Destination. The camera is zoomed in really close to the action and after a few seconds *RETURNING CHARACTER! MEWTWO (X/Y form)* comes in and starts fighting. Mewtwo then releases his new shadow ball. James spot dodges but G&W, who's in the air but near the ground, does a Melee style air dodge. The attack flies off screen and the screen goes black as we hear the echoing "Pew pew pew pew" that has always accompanied Megaman's death creating the perfect storm of hype as he's never seen or explicitly mentioned other than from that sound.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Want to see half gameplay, half hype factor.

For hype factor, I really want to see some characters that should've been included since the first game and/or that are western (Little Mac, Mike), some ex-Japan-only figures (Takamaru, Saki), some wanted Melee veterans like Mewtwo (perhaps with a gameplay mechanic that makes him switch to his new form),
Then at the end of the trailer, Mega Man tease of course.

Gameplay, would like to see some genuine 4 player action, try to keep the items to a minimum, unless they're really fun.

Some wacky stages from franchises we have yet seen.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I'm happy if they'd make the trailer as hype as Brawl's trailer.
I would like to see Roy and Mewtwo in an epic scene where they help the veterans and a big font word would appear below each of them "COMEBACK" instead of "NEW CHALLENGER".

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Gameplay for about 50-60 seconds, and then enter a little moment with Pit and Palutena at the end that has a codec of them talking to each other for a bit. Similar to the Snake thing in Brawl, except better, and much more amazing.
Pit does his classic fighting with 2 other characters in the mix (recommended on a KI stage), then a ray of light appears with Palutena entering the battlefield. Then the codec begins.

Pit: *surprised* L-lady Palutena! What are you doing here?
Palutena: *chuckles* You didn't think I'd let you have all the fun this time, did you?

Cue some Palutena gameplay with her taking it to everyone, even Pit. And at the end, bring out the nerdy glasses and smirk of hers, which eventually becomes one of her taunts. <3
"Coming soon."

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I've had this idea for awhile:

A golf course. It appears to be a trailer for a Wii U version of Mario Golf, perhaps of the World Tour game that will be headed to the 3DS. Mario shanks a shot, and Donkey Kong laughs at his failure. Luigi gives Donkey Kong the stinkeye, while Peach says that next time he'll do better. Mario goes to find the ball, but when he arrives he sees...

LINK!?!?! Link!?! What the hell is Link doing in a Mario Golf game? And, wait, is that Pikachu coming out from behind that tree? And, hang on, that tree looks like the Wispy Woods, and that means... KIRBY? And, wait.. OH MY GOD, IT'S THE BIG FOUR, IT'S SUPER SMASH BROTHERS!

CUE TITLE AND AWESOME MUSIC!

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'm mainly interested in hype from reveals, but I'd like enough gameplay to get an idea of how fast it is compared to Brawl, and a glimpse of any new major changes a la Final Smashes.

If we get Megaman, I'm really hoping that the trailer ends with a slow pan up from the core four fighting on a platform to travel up a skyscraper and reveal Megaman at the top as the classic intro music plays. Best way they could introduce him, I think.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Oh, also, I'd prefer a mainly cinematic trailer, a la Melee's, as opposed to Brawl's, which featured gameplay shots much more heavily.

I'll have plenty of time to get acquainted with the gameplay in the coming months; an awesome cinematic trailer is way more satisfying for reveals.

I've had this idea for awhile:

A golf course. It appears to be a trailer for a Wii U version of Mario Golf, perhaps of the World Tour game that will be headed to the 3DS. Mario shanks a shot, and Donkey Kong laughs at his failure. Luigi gives Donkey Kong the stinkeye, while Peach says that next time he'll do better. Mario goes to find the ball, but when he arrives he sees...

LINK!?!?! Link!?! What the hell is Link doing in a Mario Golf game? And, wait, is that Pikachu coming out from behind that tree? And, hang on, that tree looks like the Wispy Woods, and that means... KIRBY? And, wait.. OH MY GOD, IT'S THE BIG FOUR, IT'S SUPER SMASH BROTHERS!

CUE TITLE AND AWESOME MUSIC!

Best possible way it could happen.

D

Deleted member

What I'd like to see out of the trailer is King K. Rool, Mach Rider and Mega Man all confirmed at E3, which would certainly make my day (actually, they could just reveal Mega Man and I'd be hyped beyond belief).

Top Bottom