• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS How do you unlock additional rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forlorn Penguin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ForlornPenguin
I searched, but couldn't find any information on this, so I apologize for the unnecessary thread, if this has been answered somewhere I didn't see.

Title pretty much sums it up. I want to be able to disable stages in my random filter and add a timer to stock matches. I have absolutely no idea how to unlock these extra options though.

VenomaShockwave

Smash Cadet
Just confirmed this on my 3DS. I'm almost 100% positive you have to rack up 200 KOs as they are recorded in the 'stats' menu in the vault. If you just do a 200 stock match and handicap the opponent to have 300% damage, you can reach that goal quite quickly. I was playing with a friend so I didn't get the unlock when I hit 200 KOs, but when I went into solo and got my 201st KO, they unlocked.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Just play a lot, and it'll happen. It's very likely it's 200 KOs, as I've played around 80 matches and in most of them I KOd at least once. And I recently unlocked them.
Honestly, the requirements for everything were brought down quite a bit.

VenomaShockwave

Smash Cadet
Also it turns out 200 KO's is how you unlock additional rules back in Brawl. Kinda interesting tidbit..

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Ah...nice little continuity there =P The lack of item frequency still kinda bugs me a BIT but I mostly play with them off so, can't complain I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom