• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you uh, leap with sex kick?

Pekkle

Smash Rookie
I don't think the title is very descriptive. What I mean is that like, if you watch SmashMac play, he covers a lot of ground when he does his SH nair, kinda like leaping forward. When I try to do that, after the SH my doc doesn't go very far =/

EDIT: If you still don't understand what I'm asking about, see 4:15 in SMac's -The Medic Man- video, where his doc nairs the fox. xD (or 4:38)

WhatIsPie?

Smash Apprentice
Dash -> jump -> hit A -> hold forward. Make sure you hold forward after you do the nair. If you press it too early, you'll do fair. I'm trying to work on getting my nairs to go further. I'm also trying to fast fall them perfectly. I keep missing the fast fall.

Pekkle

Smash Rookie
Hmm.
I tried that, but it doesn't seem to go as far as SMac's. I think its cuz like when I do nair i lose a lot of momentum.

Afro_Ninja

Smash Apprentice
well... erm... I'm pretty sure the nair doesn't make you lose any more momentum than it does SMac.

Speed is the key. Like has been said- dash, jump, tap a, then hold forward. The quicker you can switch from the neutral position to the forward position after tapping a, the longer you're going to go.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
if u just w/ the stick...that is your problem. its nearly impossible to do it that way <_<

i'm naturally a stick jumper...for I make few exceptions...and for distanced SHs off the fly, i gotta go w/ my Y button.

u just have to make sure you pull off a dash. It'll take alot of practice to get the dash-aquired distance, while at the same time, time it so the dash is practically invisible.

WhatIsPie?

Smash Apprentice
Is there any advatage to using stick to jump? Because I've always used to Y button and never thought any different. I always thought it was weird to use the stick to jump.

DaBRÜM

Smash Apprentice
I honestly think the stick would be horrible to use to jump...maybe its just me but i think it would be stupid to use the stick...no offense ment if you use it though

DaBRÜM

Smash Apprentice
The reasoning behind it is it is alot harder to wavedash in any direction if your using the stick...i wish they made it so the up stick didnt jump...i think it would make the game alot easier with doing uairs without using the c stick...

WhatIsPie?

Smash Apprentice
During a heated match, using the stick the stick to do an uair causes me to dj. So I'm trying to get into the habit of using the c-stick. I also hear that aerials come out faster with the c-stick. C-stick bair also helps me DI my bairs. It looks a lot smoother that way, for some reason.

Silver Sytos

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, DI on almost all aerials except for rising aerials, so you can aerial one way and DI another. You just have to get used to switching from stick aerials to c-stick aerials, but it'll make you better.

Pekkle

Smash Rookie
Ronin: "Then you're letting go of dash before you jump."
Thx man
I use the stick to SH all my aerials....now i know....T_T cuz I have to stop the dash and jump =/
Anyways, i covered pretty good ground when I used the Y button to SH, so yeah. I guess I'm gonna have to practice to switch over to using Y to SH.

-PM-

Smash Ace
personally i think x is best to jump cause you dont have to constantly move your thumb up to y ever time lol its quicker to use x for me

Top Bottom