• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you treat beginners in For Glory 1v1?

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
Something I left out of my first post: I only spend the first match in "sensei mode". I will play a 2/3 set, going all-out after the first match. I've shown you what you are doing wrong, now prove to me that you are learning. I hate losing one match, then not getting a chance to "redeem" myself by showing my opponent that I have improved from that game.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I switch off of my mains and play a character I'm not accustomed to or do dittos.

Kwam$tack$

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KwamStackS
I play em like everyone else. No mercy. Going easy on em wont help em get better plus half of em spam anyway. If I stick around long enough to get bored then ill switch to a new character im trying to learn

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It could go either way for me: go easy on them or just give it your all 110%...although, as @ Kwam$tack$ Kwam$tack$ mentioned, going easy on them won't help me improve my skills at all...so there's that.

RoachCake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RoachCake
3DS FC
2621-3061-7090
I like to mess around with them for about a minute or two before proceeding to giving them a good whooping. It's For Glory mode after all.

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
I give them my best from the get go and never stop, only to let up if they are super new.

No one will learn if you hold back on them, so I do that until they decide to leave or if my battery is going to die (I play on 3ds only).

The people that want to learn will appreciate it, as I know I get mad when I fight someone better then me, they win in a close game, and leave. The peiple that don't want to learn will just leave and that'll be that.

Now if you're a troll player, I'll go full blast all the time and go straight my main. They do FAR worse for making people want to leave the game.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Nah, I'm sure everyone pretty much wants to get their point across of taunting and tea-bagging away anyone who can't even bother to play the game for their life.

Nathan Richardson

Smash Ace
NNID
Zeratrix
I know i'm necroing this but....when it comes to beginners I usually switch to a secondary. Because my secondaries are essentially crap this gives the beginner a good chance of winning while at the same time letting me improve on my secondaries movement and spacing. Making it a win-win for all involved.
Though if I keep crushing them I back out, no sense bullying someone who had the misfortune of being matched up with you.

Dinosauses

Smash Rookie
As a noob I prefer it when people stay and keep playing 100%, I can only learn what works and what doesn't that way.

If a new player doesn't want to get steamrolled, or stops having fun, they will just leave.

Rran

Smash Apprentice
There are a lot of unique characters in Smash 4, and I am by no means a tourney-level player. What this premise means for me is that, because I struggle more often than not on For Glory, I tend to have a revolving door of ~3 characters that I'll be using--that's it; with a cast of about 60, that leaves a considerable amount of fighters relatively untouched. So when I encounter that rare player who's noticeably worse than even me, well, I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth--it's time to experiment! And it's not as if I'm going easy on my opponent per se, but rather I just wanna see how far I can take this Larry Koopa/ Pac-Man/ Little Mac/ Ryu/ Dedede/ Duck Hunt, etc. :D

RonNewcomb

Smash Journeyman
I just finish them off ASAP and find a new opponent. It's not like they asked to be paired against me.

I don't taunt or be disrespectful, it's just business.

Top Bottom