• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you train your Bayonetta Combos?

Best way to grind combos with 1 player?

• Training Mode

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Smash

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • For Glory

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Smash Ladder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Hi guys, I'm a Robin and Bayo co-main. I've been grinding the crap out of Bayo since she came out, but while I have been doing very well with her and having a blast, my combo game is the worst out of all the Bayonettas in the region. I think this is because my main method of training is For Glory/Smash Ladder, and I spend very little time in the Lab with her.

My main question is, how do you train your combos? Against which character? Multiple characters for different combo types? Level 1 computers or training mode? Etc.

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
Go to training mode
Turn on combo counter
Practice
When you can get a garunteed death combo, start practicing followups on different di. I Use a seperate controller and a piece of tape.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
The CPU will randomly DI on it's own for some reason, even on stop. I am currently using this to boost my reaction speeds. But yeah, training mode is the best way to grind combos.

Kathuzada

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kathuzada
My process is (about 20 min total each time through)
  1. Make a plan for what you want to try to do
  2. Play around on FD to learn percent range & learn how to do it consistently (CPU set to control)
  3. Adjust second controller to DI different ways
  4. Adjust second controller to perform an action (i.e. Mario NAir) (I have a macro controller for this)
  5. Look at somethings that can lead into the combo/alternate finishers
  6. Change to BF and see how can platforms help/hurt (Kind of repeating steps from above)
  7. Change to a Jank Map and react to CPU DI at certain spots
  8. Try to apply it in friendlies
  9. Apply in bracket

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
What about character? Do you guys always use the same character, have a token character for each category (heavy, medium, lightweight, floaty, fastfaller), or combo on just any random character, or specifically target certain characters you know are played in the region?

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
What about character? Do you guys always use the same character, have a token character for each category (heavy, medium, lightweight, floaty, fastfaller), or combo on just any random character, or specifically target certain characters you know are played in the region?
No, difficulty of the combo. Start with easier ones first, after that tokens and finally match-up specific.

Top Bottom