• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you think Melee will grow in 2015?

nintyplayer

Smash Cadet
The purpose of this thread is purely speculation, and if that's not welcome then feel free to move or remove this thread as you see fit, mods. How do you think Melee is going to grow in 2015? Any new stage bans, unbans? A shift in the tier list (whether you believe in tier lists or not)? A change in the rankings, or maybe a newbie from Ireland making a quick rise through the international ranks?

Discuss the future of the game here, and please post with respect and dignity.

Dr. Krumm

Smash Apprentice
Feels like all the top players are frustrated at the moment, while everyone below are having the time of their lives with this game.

Armada and Hbox seem to hate Fox more then ever, Armada claims Peach is not viable on that level of play, Mango claims everyone are selling out, etc.

Meanwhile we have Bizz partying with Ganon, Amsa wrecking with Yoshi and just having fun, S2J hyping crows without caring to edge guard, etc.

AJawesome07

Smash Apprentice
I think the gap between the Top 5 or 6 and everyone else is closing up. Hax is recovering, and Axe recently beat M2K's Sheik. Leffen can beat anyone and Apex showed that players people may have thought were washed up or just didn't have the potential, like Shroomed, Kirbykaze, or PewPewU can make an impact. I think this year will be exciting.

AirFair

Marth tho
Yeah dude Leffen is climbing fast. Everyone is having some issues with the meta, but I think they will be able to get over it. Melee will grow even more after EVO

Smash 4 is a big new reminder to the casual-serious fans of the Smash series. Smash's competitive reputation might lead them to checking out the tournament scene and some of them might check out Melee's. New players will be nice

Some of the FGC is showing interest in Smash 4. Another EVO might be another intro to the Melee side

m0ll0y

Smash Cadet
I think the gap between the Top 5 or 6 and everyone else is closing up. Hax is recovering, and Axe recently beat M2K's Sheik. Leffen can beat anyone and Apex showed that players people may have thought were washed up or just didn't have the potential, like Shroomed, Kirbykaze, or PewPewU can make an impact. I think this year will be exciting.
I couldn't agree more apex showed that a new generation of top players can be right around the corner

1MachGO

Smash Ace
I hate to say it, but Armada's switch could mark a downward trend. Its heartbreaking that he now shares Hax's Fox/Falco/Marth only philosophy. If Melee reaches that point, I can only expect the impact its going to have on interest as both a spectator sport and participant.

Players like aMSa, PPU, KK, Axe, Shroomed, Plup, Fly, S2J, Wizzy, and Wobbles keep the game alive though. If at least half of these players make significant strides with their character, Melee meta will still be very healthy. Btw, never thought we would get to the point where ****ing Sheik would get underrated.

AirFair

Marth tho
Yeah, It's good to see a variety, but after 13 years, the viability of most characters is kind of gone. There are still some great players like you mentioned above, but sadly, there's not much we can really do about it. I just wished that Armada didn't switch to Fox. His Peach was so good. So was Hax's Falcon. But what can you do?

Ticker

Smash Apprentice
Some of the FGC is showing interest in Smash 4. Another EVO might be another intro to the Melee side
Just talking to some FGC members of other games alot of them seem interested in joining the community.

Top Bottom