• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you tether cancel links hookshot?

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
If your talking about what I think you are, I hope this helps. When you tether the ledge from at or below the ledge, you can quickly hit down on the control stick to get off the hookshot before you snap the ledge. This would be useful if you were to be coming back and your opponent is waiting near the ledge. You would dodge>tether>control stick down(tether cancel)>Up-b(Spin Attack). It's a nice mix up if it's performed quickly.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
You want to dodge>tether>pull in>then tether cancel>Up-b that's the mix up I was referring to. If you do that quickly your opponent may think "oh Link is coming to snap the ledge, let me go closer to edgeguard him." They'll get closer and try to block your recovery quickly but they may not expect you to drop off the hookshot and quickly spin attack them to regain stage control. This may help you knock them back so you'll regain your footing onstage. From there do what Link excels at to control center stage or whatever is needed depending on the situation. Glad I could help! :chuckle:

Last edited:

cmloe

Smash Cadet
Im trying to practice this, and when i cancel it i start fast falling. Is that normal or should i be falling a normal speed?

D

Deleted member

Im trying to practice this, and when i cancel it i start fast falling. Is that normal or should i be falling a normal speed?
that's fine but you'll just have to learn the different timing on up b to sweet spot

Top Bottom