• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you switch users?

gameroflight

Smash Rookie
Hi,

I have an account signed up with NIntendo Network, which I use for battling on Smash Wii U online. That's all good and well...but what if my brother or sister was wants to battle online too? I don't want their battles to alter my stats. Is there a way for them to have their own account in online battles?

If not...Nintendo should add this. You can't even have seperate save files in general. Even if you play user different Miis on the Wii U Menu, it all converges to the same data.

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
I think if you each set up your own name/profile within Smash Bros. itself the win-loss stats are viewable by user name. If that helps. You just have to make sure to pick your tag each time.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Luckily all data is shared throughout all accounts. Just make them a separate account, not linked via nnid if you wish. That is the only option that I see unfortunately.

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
They can also create a separate profile on the Wii U and choose that. Then they'll be able to choose their own profile as soon as the Wii U is booted up and the data will be exclusive to that profile.

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
I didn't see an option for that. Where is it?

Thank so much GameAngel64
I'm just talking about where you set up a tag for your name that floats over your character's head. The same name tag that lets you set up custom controls. I think you set it up by clicking where it says "Player 1" (or whichever player number) beneath your character's portrait, or otherwise on the custom control screen. Then, if you go to the online mode, and go to Records, you will see that one of the tabs at the top lets you sort records by player name, and there you can review the records by name tag. My husband and I share a Wii U/game as well, and this is how I can review my win/loss records without mixing with his. You just have to make sure that each match you play online is under your name tag. If you forget to set your tag or don't use one, it will make your record screen less accurate.

Top Bottom